neons/LED's

puerto_rico21

5+ Year Member
Hey guys I was jus wondering wat u guys think bout neon and leds underbody kits?...do any of you guys have any installed?...I wanna get new lightstrike by streetglow but I'm not sure...oh if any of u are from rhode island u no anything bout the lights u can and cannot have under ur car?...I been tryin to find out and no luck...thanks guys

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i heard, neon underglow lights are illegal in all 50 states.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not too many people on here are into underbody neon kits. I know the only time you are legally able to have them on, is when you're parked in a parking lot. Otherwise, you're not able to have them on while driving. They're illegal in RI and I know the cops HATE them there.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had streetglow gold series blue neon kit, it was awesome the first night driving around with em and i got quite a few compliments (tubes were not showing, just glow), then i got pulled over lol. and a while later the rough roads snapped all of them so i pulled it off. its not really a good long term mod and you cant use it unless you have nightly car meets in a parking lot or something. so looking back, not worth it. and the led kits are way dim and not that great looking, you can hardly notice its even on.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You can't show raw neon on a car (interior or exterior.

You also should stay away from blue, green and strobes and red in the front (and white in the rear).

Many states and cities have laws against using them on the road altogether.

They're also fragile and often crack soon after installation because rocks fly up from under your wheels and shatter them.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I used to have blue underglows on my car, personally i think it looked really nice....then one night i went to turn them on while driving, i didnt see any blue light on the curb, so when i got home, i checked the kit......my front bulb was missing and there was just a frayed wire hanging down. I guess I hit something and it just ripped the bulb off. They can look nice depending on the color of your car and the color neons you get, just watch out for cops.

hondagriff

Banned
I'd say f**k'm and put strobes, neons and fog machines all over that thing. But I'm still a fan of uniwipers. lol

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^I actually got a fog machine in my car from halloween that i got...every now and then I will hook it up while I am sitting out front wal-mart or such waiting for people...

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^-- lol wtf

puerto_rico21

5+ Year Member
Ah I dunno I've always wanted neons since I was like 12...lol...(the fast and furious)...that's why I wanted to get the new light strike that jus came out from streetglow...its got 3nmillion...(not really jus mixin the colors)...so I can change it to any color I want...but I'm still debating...wat would the cops do give u a ticket for unnesesary lighting or some s**t?...don't cops got better things to do?i personaly don't see the 0problem with em but that's jus me...

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since no one else has done it yet:

:bluelol:

How is this not cop-bait in any state?

Cops would notice less if you had a sign that said "DEAD HOOKERS AND DOPE IN TRUNK!" welded to the roof.

bbspell22

5+ Year Member
Ive got LEDs on mine. Drive with green on, have green under the hood as well. I drive up and down I75 all the time with them on and never once gotten pulled over( I do live in Ga though). Ive got streetglows. The LEDs are pretty bright now. They are also a lot sturdier than Neons.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure it was a joke
Believe it or not I am not lying...and to the OP...I have also heard like others are saying that the LED's hold up a lot better than the neon tubes...good luck with this...

hondagriff

Banned
Ive got LEDs on mine. Drive with green on, have green under the hood as well. I drive up and down I75 all the time with them on and never once gotten pulled over( I do live in Ga though). Ive got streetglows. The LEDs are pretty bright now. They are also a lot sturdier than Neons.
You should pull off that bodymolding on the side. It would look oh so nicer!:thumbup: