Neuspeed strut bar

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys, I just got this put it about an hour ago. I bought it used off ebay. It had some rust spots (guy lived in canada) and was the polished version. I sanded it, primered it, and painted it flat black and I think it turned out pretty good. I am very happy with this upgrade! Car handles a lot nicer through curves and it eliminated my 70mph wheel shake! If you dont have one I would advise getting one. You can also see the header I put on about two weeks back in these pics. The guy I bought it from painted it before he sold it to me so thats why it is grey. I want to get some exhaust wrap for it cuz it looks a little weird how it is.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
show off

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice bar, i have the same

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can someone explain to me how a strut bar works? All I know is that it improves handling. Yes I am stupid.

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Let me give you the scientific version. "A strut bar is designed to reduce this strut tower flex by tying two parallel strut towers together. This transmits the load of each strut tower during cornering via tension and compression of the strut bar which shares the load between both towers and reduces chassis flex."

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks, I thought it would in my mind and it turned out just how I wanted it.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hmm, i kinda want one now.. lol it's not the big fat bar. was it that hard to install?

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not at all, took me about 10 mins. and then I went and played hehe.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
sweet.. I might just pick one up, now i need to find a nice muffler thats not a big fat can.. Sleeper looking one. hmmm..

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sweet!! I just got my rsx-s sway bar in today. Makes the stock one look like spaghetti hehe. I've got that and my lower tie bar to put on so I'll post some more pics once those go on.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've got the same bar. Looks great, and makes a bit of a difference. I was definitely pleased with mine, and I'm glad you are with yours. Good stuff man.