Never working on my own car again!!!

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Witout air tools!!!! I was down there forever on that stupid LCA bolt. A ten min job turned into hours.

So wat brands of air tools are you guys using? Wat size compressor or PSI?? Just school me.. I dont know anything.

Its possible to have a power washer along w the compressor feature right??

thanks in advance.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got snap-on and matco air tools. and a 220v 80gallon air compressor.

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i installed my front camber kits without air tools. possible one of the most b***h jobs ever. took about 1.5 hours when i got all the kinks worked out. took the car to my cousins, used his air tools took about 10 minutes to finish the rear kit. airtools make working on cars somewhat fun.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Witout air tools!!!! I was down there forever on that stupid LCA bolt. A ten min job turned into hours.

So wat brands of air tools are you guys using? Wat size compressor or PSI?? Just school me.. I dont know anything.

Its possible to have a power washer along w the compressor feature right??

thanks in advance.
Pfft. I didn't use power tools for my RLCA bolts. I knew they were seized and were going to break so I threw on my 1/2" t-bar and cranked on them really hard and really fast and they just snapped off like they were made out of plastic. The subframe / LCA one came out (thank God because I didn't want to drill and tap into the subframe) but otherwise, everything else snapped :lol:. Good experience. Took me and my buddy 8 hours to do my suspension. The fronts only took us an hour or 2?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had ONE rusted and stripped so bad we couldn't get it off. I had to leave too, so I went home with three new struts/coils, and one bone stock :lol:

jdm jim

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i love my snap on 725 1/2 in impact with the air turned up to 150 psi. it depends on what u want do. im a mechanic so i use this stuff every day. a portable compressor from sears and their air tools are good. my brother has a 18 volt 1/2 impact which is the bomb except its 600.00. your control arm bols were rusted wernt they. i know i couldnt go back to working on cars with hand tools.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
90 psi 100 gallon compressor, bought at crappy tire with some campell and hausfeld tools..:what:

At least I got air tools er at least blue point impact gun and air ratchet, and snap-on socket set!

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha. good to hear people are frustrated as well. makes me know im not "dee de dee"

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mac impact gun and whatever huge ass compressor we have at work. Mechanic as well...

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
craftsman 5hp 25 gallon compressor with craftsman air tools.