New 1995 LX owner in DFW - 368,000 + mileage!

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Here she is. Bought less than 2 years ago and have replaced pistons, rings, upper gaskets, front axles, turbo CHRA, and various other things. Only aftermarket things are intake, under drive pulley, exhaust, and I cut the harmonic balancer chain (10 extra hp). I enjoy every minute of driving it!

I bought this red one a couple months ago as a fixer upper for $4,000 and just sold it to my son in law.
Replaced the rings, 1 piston, upper gaskets, fuel pump, oil pressure sensor, turbo oil return gasket, and some other stuff. I love the rumble of the side exit exhaust. My silver one has a muffler which a stock one doesn't even have.
Your red one almost looks like mine, except my stripes go completely down the front. Both of yours must of had the s**t beat out of them, I havent had to replace anything on either of mine that wasnt a routine maintenance type situation. You must be on the srtforums as well, I think I saw the red one in the FS section.

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
Oh that sucks man. That's what I liked about my ep3 was the fact that it was still a Honda and yet you didn't see one every time you turned a street corner. But I needed 4 doors for the baby and wanted something factory boosted so it was either a wrx (my first choice) or a srt4. Unfortunately everyone around here that has a wrx thinks its still worth 10k with 160k miles. So due to that I settled with a srt4 and I am kinda regretting it bc it's just been one problem after another with this car...

bzzt

Your red one almost looks like mine, except my stripes go completely down the front. Both of yours must of had the s*** beat out of them, I havent had to replace anything on either of mine that wasnt a routine maintenance type situation. You must be on the srtforums as well, I think I saw the red one in the FS section.
The silver one had 108K miles and the red one 118K (you're right, it was for sale). Neither one had any paperwork or history. The silver one was neglected. The red one I think had work done to it that wasn't done quite right. The turbo oil return line had a gasket with no hole in it for the oil to flow through so the only place for the oil to go was past the seal and into the exhaust! :hithead:
These cars often get the s*** beat out of them because now they can be bought for cheap by young kids.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
The silver one had 108K miles and the red one 118K (you're right, it was for sale). Neither one had any paperwork or history. The silver one was neglected. The red one I think had work done to it that wasn't done quite right. The turbo oil return line had a gasket with no hole in it for the oil to flow through so the only place for the oil to go was past the seal and into the exhaust! :hithead:
These cars often get the s*** beat out of them because now they can be bought for cheap by young kids.
like me :woot:

My red one is currently wrecked (my fault) but tax returns will get it back on the road, my daily is a black 05 that I keep getting more attached to for some reason. These cars were beat on from day one, they were only like 22k brand new right? Anyway welcome to the site, probably the only civic site that allows people with other makes to join in the fun.

bzzt

Today...

Had a new windshield installed.
My daughter installed the junk yard carpeting (it didn't come with any) and spare tire.

I removed the cat-back-to-axle exhaust that was on the car. Everything from axle back was non existent.

Installed the junk yard cat-back full exhaust. It was one piece so was a little hard to install but I didn't have to unbolt the suspension!

Sorry for the night pic but looks good. Just the right size IMO. :D

bzzt

Here's the exhaust video.
Stuff is still coming out of it because it hasn't been driven around yet. =)
[YOUTUBE="Exhaust sound"]1xC4UwiBUEI[/YOUTUBE]