New 91 civic Project

aznsk8rboii

A Fiend
5+ Year Member
I had started a project before...a 91 si, but the body was in too poor of shape. Missing a part of the fendor well made it too weak to use. I actually parted it out, and I somehow managed to get a hold of one I had owned before. Story goes:
I sold a car to a kid for 400 bucks w.o. tranny. I somehow ended up using the title to get another car and I actually told the kid that I wasn't able to do it and would have to refund the money. He refused and never called me back. Now I know i shoulda called the police and get the car back, but I was just young and dumb, I know you've all been there before.

Well 5 years later, I see the car and follow it. I then get a key made from the dealership with my old registration. I call a tow company and have it towed back to my place.

The good: I have the car
The Bad: The kid may kick my ass if he finds it.
The Ugly: The car was poorly taken care of. ie. Ghetto Tuck, Shitty body, and some really bad work in general.

I went to the junkyard and got some new plastic, headlights, wiper blade, and a few other minor things. Ended up being about 100 bucks for everything I got. Ordered some new turning signals and corner lights, since with the projectors he put on, you can't use just any old pair. Someone must of ripped the ones he had off. The projectors looked super bad as well. I cleaned up the car put in the interior and got the lights put on when they came in.

CD player-The harness was also cut, so that must have been jacked as well, I ended up getting a clean install for it. cheap thing I got from a pawn shop, but it was brand new. Here are a few pictures for ya to enjoy, let me know what you think. I plan on lowering it after i get new Shocks and struts. its on ebay coilovers, and raised since theres snow everywhere.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us This would be the before with the projectors and the turn signals installed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us After with stock head lights, new corners and the turn signals.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us The Stereo after install.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
the wire tuck.

Enjoy

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks like a good project, lights look better than the halos anyway.

aznsk8rboii

A Fiend
5+ Year Member
Next job is to get some new bushings for the shifter and ordered a cheap ass short throw, also make a battery tie down kit. Im thinking about using an old ammo box.

zboyracer

5+ Year Member
Way to steal your car back =) What are you going to do if he finds you?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so you stole a car?

aznsk8rboii

A Fiend
5+ Year Member
so you stole a car?
Is it really stealing, since I offered to pay him money back for the car plus the mods? I defaulted on the loan and the bank had tried to have some repo men take the car back. They told me to press charges, since it technically wasn't my car to sell. Since he was hard headed and decided to drive it with plates from a 91 crx [a buddy of mine is in law enforcement] i was saving him from a bunch of trouble.

I now owe the bank over 3k on this car...planning to pay it all back with little payments here and there. While trying to make it drivable.

I plan on putting in a guage cluster with a tach on it today. I put a new themrastat yesterday and it didn't have any....no wonder I didn't have heat. With my luck though, It still doesn't have heat....I think my climate control is broke.

Anyways I'll post some new pictures asap.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn man, that kid just tore it up, well keep it covered & keep a bat by your door just in case he shows up.

aznsk8rboii

A Fiend
5+ Year Member
Got the new tach in. 141k si cluster. Works great. I also figured out the climate control, and it was broke. I'll get pictures of it tomorrow.

I failed at putting the new thermostat in. I put the new one in with a new gasket and some RTV blue, but its pushing all the coolant once it heats up.

ill try and redo it this friday pics comin soon

aznsk8rboii

A Fiend
5+ Year Member
new pics, and new problem.

So I finally got around to getting a few pictures. School has been killing me, as well as work. I don't get a whole lotta time to work on the civic. Anyways, I got my new gaugle cluster in. I figured that after I put a new one in the dash would start working. That wasn't the case....not at all. I still have no lights, but all my cluster works. I looked under the dash and found a wire that had been cut just taped up and stuck under the fuse box. I got pictures for all of you to help me figure out what the hell it is.

This is the part of the harness it came from and where it has been pulled out. It leads to the gauge cluster to the big clip. One has a blue stripe and the other is all green.

This is showing you where it leads to...which is nowhere it's just bundled up, wrapped with electrical tape.

The new gauge cluster. Way Better. I hate that im using clip lights to light it up at night.

Three 2inch holes for gauges of my choice. I don't have any that I really want...but im stuck with holes I can't get rid of.

My Si Seats. The drivers is kind of torn...so for now Im keeping a seat cover on it. I don't think its worth repairing atm.

emerican

Registered VIP
Sucks that you owe more on the car then it could ever be worth man i know a bunch of people in that situation.