New 98 Coupe!!

Kalindian

New Civic Here!
Hello all, i recently bought a 1998 Civic Ex coupe and was wondering what rims i should get and What drop i should get. Coil-overs are too expensive to get since I'm in college and I was hoping you guys could help me out. The drop I was thinking of was Eibach Sportline kit which says its a 1.8 inch drop all around, would these work well with stock shocks? How firm Are they? Post your pics of your car so I can get some ideas. =)=) Also, I would love any advice on what springs are good on stock shocks or what combo (shocks/springs) works best. Thanks!

My car:

Note: The white scratches have been painted over to hide them

11/16/11 Update: I just got my Coilovers in the mail! They will be resting in my room until I get my rims and tires, then they will all go on at once :P Prgress CS-II's if anyone was wondering. I was just going to go with the whole springs on stock shocks, but said "to hell with it" and splurged. lol I'm now looking at a 2-2.5 in drop total. The shocks themselves drop the car about an inch, plus i will be able to set the coils down about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down. Just low enough not to bottom out but still look sick. =) Well, here they are brand new!

As for rims, i want either Rota Slips in flat black or Subzero's in gunmetal. I can't seem to find any though (Subzero's), so if you know of any site that sells them let me know. Thanks

Last edited:

ekcoupe98

eibach lowering springs on stock struts...its a nice ride.
imo i wouldnt get black rims i love the white but thats just me.

Kalindian

New Civic Here!
Yea, I am slowly leaning for the black rims too. Nice ride btw, I love blue and white =)

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Eh... When I had it slammed, yes, they ride pretty good raised up just a little(of course big bumps and such are rough). There are definitely better coilovers out there but for $100 bucks from horsepowerfreaks.com, it's hard to beat IMO.

emerican

Registered VIP
If your just looking for a small drop tein s techs drop it 1.5 or more for like 160 bucks and are desighgned to work with stock shocks

SOHC1.6GUY

Im probably also gonna go with tein or skunk2 spings. though it seems alot of people here want to see the wheels tucked in and slammed. Just depends on what you use the car for. For me its my daily driver so springs are as low as ill go cuzz roads here in Ohio suck. Just my 2 cents.

Kalindian

New Civic Here!
Im in South Carolina so the roads are pretty good, but their are rough patches out there. I Will have to check out Tien, all there stuff seemed to expensive, but i missed those springs.

tony9156

Man I love your civic, its niiice but how did you bend your rim like that? can a manhole cover really do that?:shock:
Ya it was a raised cover sticking up about 3 inches cause they were paving the road. Didn't see it cause it was 5 in the morning and pitch black out. Hit it going about 30mph and new I screwed my wheel up as soon as I hit it.

Kalindian

New Civic Here!
Ya it was a raised cover sticking up about 3 inches cause they were paving the road. Didn't see it cause it was 5 in the morning and pitch black out. Hit it going about 30mph and new I screwed my wheel up as soon as I hit it.
Damn, see that's what I'm afraid of. I would hate that, rims ain't cheap! lol

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dump it! :D love black civics. i do hope your build goes well and keep us posted =)