New addition to my garage.. full time daily driver

zoops

Autocross whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Looks good. Detailing ftmfw. How much did you get it for?
Blue book is about $3000.. quite a bit less than that

Green 91 said:
love the way the "fixed" the rad
Yea :???:

Melt said:
sweet ride .... i used to have a 91 4 door ... lx with sohc zc .... first tihng you wanna do is swap that fuel injection to mpfi off the civic si ... a lot of people have gained almost a full second in the 1/4 and 20 hp doing that.
I'll look into it.. I've heard that from a lot of people. A guy locally is selling an old hatch he tried that swap with, only because he couldn't get the MPFI swap to work. I'm not sure if it's just a tricky job or if he's a dumbass, but I'm going to assume the later :P

Thanks for all of the complements :thumbs up

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blue book is 3k really?

i bought my 91 for 2400 in january 2002 with 130k miles
sold it in january 2004 for 2000 with 180k miles.

mpfi can be tricky, i never did it cause i didnt wanna mess something up, but im sure if you know a bit about cars, read up on it quite a bit and just take your time you will be fine.

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that is clean as hell, mpfi swap is recommended...

mpfi is time consuming and a headache. its not really that hard onces its done and you look back at what you did. im really glad i did mine. 99% of the time you will have problems of something you forgot to connect after but its usually something little. just read up and take your time and im sure you will have little or no problem getting it done right.

zoops

Autocross whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melt said:
blue book is 3k really?

i bought my 91 for 2400 in january 2002 with 130k miles
sold it in january 2004 for 2000 with 180k miles.

mpfi can be tricky, i never did it cause i didnt wanna mess something up, but im sure if you know a bit about cars, read up on it quite a bit and just take your time you will be fine.
Yep, www.kbb.com

You're also in CA though.. the midwest/north is completely different for the car market. Clean EFs are hard to come by in the first place, much less in such a desirable color combination/one owner/mint condition/bone stock etc etc. I probably would've paid blue book for this car, but for quite a bit less than that, I was completely happy to snatch it up.

MPFI sounds like a little more than I want to tackle with a car that will simply get me from A to B.

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn!! did this just come off of the assembly line in the factory?? hella clean. nice pick up!!!!

aaren99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn that car is really nice, no justice in calling that a daily driver.

jdmef90

4g.... the best "G"
5+ Year Member
Wow, very nice purchase man!
That thing is probably cleaner than the day it was new!

zoops

Autocross whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aaren99 said:
damn that car is really nice, no justice in calling that a daily driver.
Haha, most days I just call it the beater :shock:

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SO HOT!!!!! I dont know man, my beaters usually actually look like beaters.... damn..