New Alternator + Battery- Still draining out.

Black&Mild

5+ Year Member
I've come to a point where I dunno what to look for anymore and need some advice. Basically to make a long story short I was having charging issues, had the alternator replaced.

The battery is brand new, so is the Alternator. I brought My battery to Autozone to get it fully charged and the car started no sweat. Couple of days later it starts acting up again, clicking sound followed by flashing lights in the speedo area before it goes dead completely. Now, I bought brand new battery and nothing at all. Dead as a doornail. WTF

I've had Autozone and another guy test the Alternator and the Battery and both checked out fine, I really don't understand what's going on.

Could it be a connection somewhere? I just bought new battery today and slapped it in, nothing works. It's not even getting the least bit of power to the car.

greenlx777

BigRed is Dead
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cheak all connections for loose ground, corosion ....and so forth

Black&Mild

5+ Year Member
I'm just hearing to many things to check, I'm really not good at the electrical side of things regarding automotive parts. What pissed me off is that when I'm able to run it and bring it somewhere for someone to check- everyone says it's good and everything is getting power the way it's suppose to be.

One very weird thing that happened was the gears, it's an automatic- it would be dead- then if i move the shifter up and down sometimes it starts coming back to life. I had to continuously move the gear up and down and fittle with it and I started seeing the lights come on and it goes on magically. I was thinking it was something with the gear box or tranny or something. Could t be a fuse? Which Fuse should I check?

Black&Mild

5+ Year Member
I fixed the problem for anyone having the same or searching for an answer. It was the 80A battery fuse in the box to the left of the engine, replaced and it was good to go.