New build Hatch

BrayanGonza

Respected
Hello everyone, this is my new build since the coupe I previously had is resting in a junkyard as I type this up. It's a DAP purple 1997 civic hatch back all stock motor wise, cheap suspension upgrades, and nice Integra leather seats lol. I will be posting upgrades as I get the parts and put them on. Thank you for checking it out. Stay tuned! image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The lack of brand naming tells me it must have eBay no-name suspension. At least those Integra seats will help soften the likely rough ride. Ha! It looks like a solid hatchback though. What are your plans for it?

BrayanGonza

Respected
The lack of brand naming tells me it must have eBay no-name suspension. At least those Integra seats will help soften the likely rough ride. Ha! It looks like a solid hatchback though. What are your plans for it?
Haha yeah I have no idea what they are. It doesn't ride horrible at the moment but it could be a lot better. I want clean daily that I can also push it when I want through the few twisty roads we have here in Florida. at the top of the list are a good set of coilovers and some 15x7 wheels with above average tires. Nothing crazy on this car. I have a cheap aluminum radiator coming in next week since I found rust in the old coolant it has so I'm going to flush it out completely and put the new radiator in.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That sounds like a solid start. Make sure to flush both the radiator and the engine block at the themostat housing port.

Where in FL are you?

BrayanGonza

Respected
That sounds like a solid start. Make sure to flush both the radiator and the engine block at the themostat housing port.

Where in FL are you?
Ok thanks for the tip. Is there any thing extra I can buy to add to the water to make the flush more efficient? And I live in the treasure coast. Port st Lucie

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your pretty much in the direct opposite side of FL as I, so those should be nice long winding roads.

Auto parts stores sell radiator flush additive you use fir a shortbduration before flushing it iut and properly filling the system. Check it out. I believe the common one is made by Prestone.