New chip throwing codes

1991civicb16

Well today i got my chip i purchased from ebay to see if the tune on my current chip was making my idle bounce. Well with the new chip installed i poped a few CEL's i got code 7, 20, and 41. Does anyone have an idea as to why i would throw these codes with the new chip? B16A in an 91 civic dx. My old chip had no CEL's

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You bought one of those jet chips huh?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ naw man, it was one of those spoon chips

1991civicb16

Nope i bought a plain base map chip. What does that have to do with cel codes anyways?

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much did you buy it for? I'll sell you chips all day that arnt junk for a good price

1991civicb16

how much did you buy it for? I'll sell you chips all day that arnt junk for a good price
I paid $20 and im not sure how a chip is considered "Junk" because it makes my car throw cel's usually a cel means check "engine" light meaning the engine is the problem. Plus i dont need a chip was just trying to see if that was the reason for my bouncing idle my car drives fine just doesn't idle fine.

1991civicb16

Have you cleared the CEL codes to see whether any repeat?
Nope I was too mad after it happened. Im sure the 2 will show up no matter what though because i didnt get them disabled but when i put my old chip back in i had no cel's

RonJ

Banned
Well, the next logical step with the new chip would be to install it and then reset the ECU.