New daily driver project for me: '96 EJ6

JDMJNKY

Banned
I HATE the look of retrofits. Just remind me of the old ricey headlights you can get from ebay with projectors. I refuse to do that lol. They may have better light output, but no thank you haha.

And the quick release yeah, but I wanted the wheel to stand out. All that black, then a grey wheel. :thumbup:
x10......................I agree retrofits are so homo! nothing nice about them, except on the cars they were designed for.!!! and I love the interior because it's not like anyone else, ppl have a "cookie cutter" view of cars at times, how horrid! And I especially love the PERSONAL wheel!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^
Word! The light output with my regular H4 HID bulbs are just fine. Maybe not as good, but its good enough for me =)

And thanks man! I like the contrast of the wheel, plus the material is badass, its rubberized so your hands wont slip off.
And I have new seats coming in, Bride LowMax, then after that a NHRA spec cage will go in, and thats about it!

JDMJNKY

Banned
Noice, I'd like a low maxx myself, maybe when I'm balling a lil more hehe. The cage sounds sick, that'll make your car look more aggressive. Yeah, yeah I know the personal wheel all to well, it once was mine, memberz!?

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what brand HID kit are you runnin? looks good.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Noice, I'd like a low maxx myself, maybe when I'm balling a lil more hehe. The cage sounds sick, that'll make your car look more aggressive. Yeah, yeah I know the personal wheel all to well, it once was mine, memberz!?
Thanks man! And yeah I keep forgetting haha.

what brand HID kit are you runnin? looks good.
Just an Ebay special 8000k set haha.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wheel looks sick man!

I can't find a Spoon wing either.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wheel looks sick man!

I can't find a Spoon wing either.
Thanks man!
I say keep a lookout. I saw one on HT for sale, used for 300$ not too long ago. Not bad of a deal!

Hehe I'll let you forget now. Get them updates! Especially the seat! mmmmm sounds visually yummified!
Haha word. The seats will be here very soon! I have one more exterior goodie coming...its a carbon fiber rear diffuser. It should look pretty sick! :thumbup:

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha thanks a lot homie! The seats are held in customs for some odd reason, so I didn't get them last week but hopefully they will be here this week. I got a new goodie from jdmspeedworx, Buddy Club type A knob, to accommodate the steering wheel. Contrast ftw...haha. Also took off the quick release, just using a hub. I'm trying to source out a SSR hub extender...so we'll see if I can find one. Installed the personal center cap too.

JDMJNKY

Banned
Perfect fit!!! Good match. which extender are you using?

I've been eying ssr for so long, just don't have the balls to track one down! I hope you find one, even two, Now hop on the phone and call customs and tell them let that seat go! there is no "pure white" baked into the fabric, not that I know about those types of things, I'm Just sayin. hehe

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha thanks man!
Its the circuit hero shifter extension. Word, I'll keep an eye out for two of them haha. Even though one is hard to find haha.
But word! I'm about to call them and see what the hell is with them being held in customs...cause I want them!

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Haha thanks man!
Its the circuit hero shifter extension. Word, I'll keep an eye out for two of them haha. Even though one is hard to find haha.
But word! I'm about to call them and see what the hell is with them being held in customs...cause I want them!
Let me get your circuit hero sticker! I want to get a velocity stack from them but I'm too paranoid about getting water in the intake haha

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^
Haha, their sticker is on my toolbox at work ;)
And yeah, the velocity stack is tight. I want to run one, but yeah same reason as you. Plus I dont want to run a bypass filter =/

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I HATE the look of retrofits. Just remind me of the old ricey headlights you can get from ebay with projectors. I refuse to do that lol. They may have better light output, but no thank you haha.

And the quick release yeah, but I wanted the wheel to stand out. All that black, then a grey wheel. :thumbup:
hahaha, everyone has their opinion i suppose.

To me, plug and play HID's look absolutely ricetastic, and distasteful. To each their own though.

Still a shame you gave up on the coupe, but the hatch is dope. I'm diggin it!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^
Ebay has been selling those projector headlights for as long as I can remember. People are using super sweet OE headlights and genuine TSX projectors etc, but it just reminds of some 50$ ebay set, I dunno haha. Smaller ballast do look better than huge ones, I'll say that. ;)

And the coupe was torn UP, body lines were doomed for good! I still have the coupe and it's still living, just as a stock daily driver haha =)