new dash....

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dash vinyl from www.rvinyl.com

kind of a cheap test run to see what color i want to paint panels in the future, when I get them in fiberglass.

any comments? I'm still unsure of what I think personally.

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ahh im not feelin it at all... i hope you didnt do that

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nah its just a vinyl, peels right off.

just experimenting with ideas.

ryanM

Sion0x said:
nah its just a vinyl, peels right off.

just experimenting with ideas.
i have an idea

leave your dash alone, it looks nice just the way it is. just get some megs interior wipes. and wipe it down once a week or so, so it keeps on looking nice

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
i have an idea

leave your dash alone, it looks nice just the way it is. just get some megs interior wipes. and wipe it down once a week or so, so it keeps on looking nice
x2, excellent advice

that s**t looks horrid IMHO

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Gross color is gay gotta match with the car or the interior and science is not for everyone stop experimenting. You also just cant paint the dash it looks gay you have to do the whole interior.

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks for all the feedback, I don't really like it that much myself (go figure).

So, looks like I'll be ripping it off in about an hour.

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sion0x said:
Thanks for all the feedback, I don't really like it that much myself (go figure).

So, looks like I'll be ripping it off in about an hour.
So you learned your lesson then? :lol:
At least now you won't wonder what it could've looked like.
Kinda curious as to what made you decide on that color.
I bet a darker color like black would look good.

habitat307

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn.. how long did it take you to get all those chunks of vinyl lined up perfectly on all the dash and door pieces anyway, shiite! and yeah, if ANYthing, go for neutral colors, like black. just dont do the "hey check out my bright ass interior pieces" colors. good to hear your takin that off though man. :thumbs up

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dash looks sucky, but the trims are nice, just not blue. is there a cf pieces?

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah they make a carbon fiber vinyl (I'd prefer actual carbon fiber though) and I've seen an aluminum/silver kit.

Color didn't really work, glad I ripped it off. The white and black idea is cool...

Any idea on how to go about replacing all the gray with black or white? I know people get fiberglass panels, but I don't know where to get them (unless my car is just too new)

SacrificeTheory

5+ Year Member
I think it's just the fact that the blue is just so bright compared to everything else in the car. If you had something that matched it and made it flow better, it would look alright. Then again, I would also choose a different color. Blue isn't the greatest.