New Fog Lights lol.....

bassyguitar

first off, to jump to the haters out there, these ARENT competition foggers, nor are they luxury foggers...

OK! lol

got these today at my local AUTOZONE, thats right AUTOZONE! lmao. cost me a whopping $20!
you can get the rectangle ones, or circle. i chose the rectangles lol.
they come as a kit, lights, wires, a switch, and the bulbs.
EASY to INSTALL! took an hour at most with proper tools lol.

they are just some normal lookin foggers, nothing to special but guess what, i got some fog lights :D

i plan to paint/tint these lights, they have a blue tint on the glass but show up bright white when on, looks ok in day light but i need them to be yellow so ya.

i will get some pics of the wires/switch if anyone wants more pics.

i totally recommend these to anyone who just wants to get some fog lights with no hassle / hurt pocket book, they look good at night and they work.. nuff said.

any one have a good idea for getting the glass yellow? thanks..

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
these ARENT competition foggers, nor are they luxury foggers...
I've never heard of any such things in the first place...:???:

any one have a good idea for getting the glass yellow? thanks..
Gonna be hard since the glass is blue....:idea:

Those cheap looking generic ones just don't look good IMO, with their positioning and how they are mounted.
I would have passed on these, saved the $20, saved up and purchased better fitting lights with the desired lens color you wanted.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-EG-4DR-4D-PROJECTOR-FOG-LIGHTS-LAMPS-SEDAN-/400254321025?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Civic&vxp=mtr&hash=item5d31044181

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You would've been better off spending a little more for even eBay ones. I used to have similar fog lights that I got from Walmart. They don't really do anything.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You would've been better off spending a little more for even eBay ones.
:nod:

I've gotten better at saving money for parts I WANT, instead of parts I can afford. Pays off in the long run. That and you don't have to buy s*** twice.

(I had yellow tractor fog lights from AutoZone on my EJ :oops: )

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
t saving money for parts I WANT, instead of parts I can afford. Pays off in the long run. That and you don't have to buy s*** twice.
Exactly.
Don't buy and settle for something just because of impatience.
It's a waste of time AND money!

E.Honda

They look pretty bright. Just don't be surprised when they stop working you get what you pay for. There's a reason why the OEM fogs are pricey.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol u guys mad?
I don't think anyone is mad or is being a "hater":roll:, as you eluded to originally.
I just think it's a waste of time to spend money on junk, when you can save up for something that fits, looks and performs better.
There is a reason for the saying, "You get what you pay for".

lol u guys mad?
u dont have them so you wouldnt know..
I did.................back in '98.
They didn't look good then, they were bright too, but burned out on me within 6 months.:???:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Like I said, I've had a couple pairs of the cheap Walmart fog lights. They are garbage and are nothing compared to my OEM fogs with PIAA bulbs in terms of light output.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They are garbage and are nothing compared to my OEM fogs with PIAA bulbs in terms of light output.
I don't have PIAA bulbs, but even my DEPO brand lights have held up great, fit well, and have had them for 5 yrs or so, on 2 different 6th gens.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you call those foglights? pfft.....

240 watts of raw halogen horsepower!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't have PIAA bulbs, but even my DEPO brand lights have held up great, have had them for 5 yrs or so, on 2 different 6th gens.
:thumbs up. I've had my Honda OEM ones for...4/5 years? I've had my PIAA bulbs for...I think going on 3 years now and they're still bright as crap!

you call those foglights? pfft.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:rolf: :rolf:

I'd take my retrofit over that any day of the week ;).

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey, we all have our phases :oops:

i do miss the benefit of 1/2 mile nighttime visibility, and when other drivers had their hi-beams on i'd just light them up with mine :lol:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey, we all have our phases :oops:

i do miss the benefit of 1/2 mile nighttime visibility, and when other drivers had their hi-beams on i'd just light them up with mine :lol:
Haha no doubt. I remember when I had Walmart fogs with my OEM fogs. OEM fogs overpowered the cheapos, I couldn't even tell they were on :lol:.

Only annoying thing about my retrofits now is when I'm coming up over a hill and the oncoming car is under my cut off, they think it's my high beam. I get flashed on a weekly basis. If I can, I just wait til they're under my cut off then flash them back. Silly drivers, halogens are for kids! :lol:

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is that seriously your best attempt at taking a picture of the fog lights? You should try these things called knees, they bend in the middle so you can take pictures at a lower angle. They're really easy to use and the best part is they are free. ;)

I had some generic round ones like that a long time ago. I didn't mind them at the time but I wouldn't get them again. If you're happy with them, cool, but I wouldn't expect a lot of positive feedback. "Universal Fit" usually means "Fits Everything Equally Poor."

bassyguitar

lol it is what it is yall.

my bumper doesnt even have the cutouts for oem foggers so i said f**k it, $2o for looks and im cheezy beezy.

i like em, all that matters yo.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I did the mega watt of lights on that 6th gen. Gets me in the mood to put a billion retrofit fogs in my bumper XD