New, from far away

bastok

5+ Year Member
Hi, good afternoon.

I'm from Uruguay, far away, but in close contact with usa people, from other forums and lots of shops from where i buy my honda parts.
I but 95% of my parts there, they are 3 times cheaper than here!

I've been reading you for a while, and it's time to introducd myself:

I have a Civic Vti (almost identical to the sir in europe), b16a2 engine, sedan 4drs, and of course brakes and suspensión the same as the 99-00 usa civic si.

The only upgrades are:
- Ground control 340f/300r
- Tokico Illumina
- Asr subframe brace + itr swaybar (bought them but not installed yet)

I leave you some photos:

Glad to join you people!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:welcome:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to the forum! What are your plans, if any, for the Civic? Do you have anything done to the interior?

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
Welcome, you've got a clean looking civic there

bastok

5+ Year Member
Thanks all!
I'm trying to leave the esthetic the most oem i can while modifying some things.

In my country this civic costs usd 15.000 (yes...you read well, 15 grand). And people is very hard when buying cars if they are too modified or upgraded. I have to take care of the "investment" the most i can, without sacrificing doing some things to it.

I was thinking in boosting it, but i would have to spend usd 15k more... So maybe in the future i will get a 2009-2010 si (they are around usd28k :banghead=)

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
wow that's crazy expensive for a civic. i heard there are a shitload of beetles in south america, i'd probably be rocking one of those, lol

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice lookin ride. Damn dude. That's a lotta chedda. Welcome though, always great to meet some new folks from different parts of the globe.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Welcome to ClubCivic! Looks good. Seems like you're headed more in the direction of suspension upgrades. Any autocross plans?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Man is that expensive for a Civic. Why so much? Would it be cheaper to buy parts from another country and have them shipped to you?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Man is that expensive for a Civic. Why so much? Would it be cheaper to buy parts from another country and have them shipped to you?
From his original post, it sounds like he does. He said he buys parts from US shops.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Welcome to the site! Looks good. And as everyone else already said, wow that's expensive for a Civic! :shock:

Your avatar, is that you skydiving?

Would it be cheaper to buy parts from another country and have them shipped to you?

in close contact with usa people, from other forums and lots of shops from where i buy my honda parts.
I but 95% of my parts there, they are 3 times cheaper than here!
Looks like he already does :lol:

bastok

5+ Year Member
Welcome to ClubCivic! Looks good. Seems like you're headed more in the direction of suspension upgrades. Any autocross plans?
The city where i live has only 130.000 residents, and there are no autocross activities. I sometimes do some circuit driving.

I've done the suspension upgrades basically because i like firmer and good cornering cars.
Engine upgrades are almost dismissed, I don't have any tuners here....., so as you can see, i some kind of enclosed in engine performance upgrades (things i would love to do, but...)

I do that the 90% of the time. I have some duty restrictions in the total amount if $ to import, so i bring things by usd 150 each time!

Welcome to the site! Looks good. And as everyone else already said, wow that's expensive for a Civic! :shock:

Your avatar, is that you skydiving?
Yes i am, but with the instructor behind, I've done some "tandem" or assisted skydiving. Amazing experience by the way

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I agree on the suspension upgrades. They're my favorite thing I've done to my car. A little rough sometimes on bumpy roads, but I love the feel of a car that can corner. I really dislike driving other peoples' cars because of this.

By the way, your English is really good. Is it common for people in Uruguay to speak English?

bastok

5+ Year Member
By the way, your English is really good. Is it common for people in Uruguay to speak English?
Thanks!
I studied english from my 6 years to my 18.
Always try to read things in english to learn more vocabulary and be in practice.

In Uruguay the Spanish is the native language, but people who want to study another language, always choose English.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Makes sense. Thanks!