New guy from 8th Civic w/an 08 Si coupe (Pic heavy)

Leonard1818

5+ Year Member
Hey everone, I came over from 8th civic. Figured I'd come over and poke around and whore my pics here too :P

Anyway, nothing special.
--2008 Honda Civic Si coupe Nighthawk black pearl
--OEM Navigation
--HFP lip kit
--StrutKing dead pedal (lol is this even worth listing?)
--CustomLightz/HIDIllusionz TSX projector retrofit (color modded) with MDX shrouds.

The first pics are from this past summer when it was nice and warm out and my car was clean. Notice there are no retros yet...

These don't show the car extremely well but I thought they were cool. BTW, I didn't take them, my GF did with her Nikon Point and Shoot. Lil camera does pretty well for what it is.

Crappy cutoff pics taken when I first installed retros:

(I was covering up one headlight to check the side cutoff... I'm a dork)

Recent pics showing the actual headlights. Sorry car was dirty, it's winter in Ohio!

Questions? Comments?

Thanks!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn.......... :(

Leonard1818

5+ Year Member
And a couple pics of the old (tear :cry: ) RSX-S
(All stock except red-out tail lights and black out headlights)

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Very nice man! Can't wait to see some more mods done.

Leonard1818

5+ Year Member
Very nice man! Can't wait to see some more mods done.
Sorry to disappoint...
I won't be performance modding this car at all. This is my DD and I need it to remain reliable. I also don't want to void the warranty in any way. The ROI with modifications is not worth it to me. I like to go fast just like everyone else but I don't track the car or anything like that so it's really not worth it to me to mod it from a performance perspective. Any future monies spent on this car will be purely cosmetic. I hate it when people post up their e-list of things they are "planning" on doing to their car. This isn't such a list but these are things I've considered for the future (in no particular order):

--Retro foglights
--Wheels (Probably Mugen GP or HFPs)
--HFP suspension
--Tint

Tint is most likley as it's cheap and whatnot. I'll probably do that this summer if I stop being lazy. I'd rather save my money and buy my GF (soon to be wife) a nice CR-V with Navi or something like that in a couple years.

Leonard1818

5+ Year Member
because i like your car. lol
how much are you selling the rsx for?
Sorry man, RSX is long gone (to me). I sold that last October. Was bone stock (cept the couple appearance mods listed). 94,000 miles on it Certified Pre-Owned so it still had 6K miles of warranty. Sold it for $10,000

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow, that's a good price, although it had alot of miles for the year it is.
welcome cc btw

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sorry to disappoint...
I won't be performance modding this car at all. This is my DD and I need it to remain reliable. I also don't want to void the warranty in any way. The ROI with modifications is not worth it to me. I like to go fast just like everyone else but I don't track the car or anything like that so it's really not worth it to me to mod it from a performance perspective. Any future monies spent on this car will be purely cosmetic. I hate it when people post up their e-list of things they are "planning" on doing to their car. This isn't such a list but these are things I've considered for the future (in no particular order):

--Retro foglights
--Wheels (Probably Mugen GP or HFPs)
--HFP suspension
--Tint

Tint is most likley as it's cheap and whatnot. I'll probably do that this summer if I stop being lazy. I'd rather save my money and buy my GF (soon to be wife) a nice CR-V with Navi or something like that in a couple years.

No need to do crazy mods.. a nice set of rims and suspension are good enough mods for a DD.. It'll look much better with those mods and I know you'll be happy with it! Keep us updated!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i personally, if i owned a new Si, i wouldn't change anything on it. Maybe after a few years of owning it and my debt is recuded, then i would start to do a few things to it here and there.

Leonard1818

5+ Year Member
wow, that's a good price, although it had alot of miles for the year it is.
welcome cc btw
Yes it did. I drive about 65 miles per day to work and back so I put a ton of miles on it in the short time I owned it. All highway miles, but still high miles. Same thing with my Si. On Feb 20th that will be exactly 1 year since I picked it up. I calculated yesterday the amount of miles I drive and it came out to 50.35 miles per day on average over the last 11 months. That's a lot of miles. And to be honest, I park my car all weekend usually and never really drive it. :???:

No need to do crazy mods.. a nice set of rims and suspension are good enough mods for a DD.. It'll look much better with those mods and I know you'll be happy with it! Keep us updated!
Yeah hopefully I'll quit being lazy and do the stuff before it gets too many miles and I don't feel like it's worth it anymore lol. That's kinda what happened with my RSX-S. I had plans for it but soon realized it was going to have wayyy too many miles to make any mods really worth it. I'll be sure to keep this thread updated if/when I do anything else to it.

Leonard1818

5+ Year Member
i personally, if i owned a new Si, i wouldn't change anything on it. Maybe after a few years of owning it and my debt is recuded, then i would start to do a few things to it here and there.
yeah, the plan is to keep it mostly stock, have it paid off in 4 years, then make it my daily/winter beater and buy something really fun.

Probably won't pan out since I change my mind so frequently. I'll probably end up using it in the winter only and getting some 4-door sporty sedan of some kind (TL-S comes to mind...)