New guy from sauga

proctor

Just moved from whitby Ontario to the city and decided to take the plunge on a 1997 Honda Civic EX. I have done some tasteful mods such as leather integra seats, vtec valve cover gasket, El cluster, silver 2000 civic trim on doors etc etc. The question I have for you guys is, I want to do a rear trunk lid swap with an acura El 1999 one I picked up for a great price. Do I have to switch the wiring and what do I do about the latch? Wanna make it unique! =)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cool i didnt know you can swap it for an acura one. check the forums first to see if its been done, usually, if its possible, someone already did the work for you and a DIY. search it bro.

proctor

Ya man, I actually JUST finished the El trunk lid conversion here it is

proctor

Either way it looks mint. I just gotta find a way to align it. I gotta adjust the part where it locks down cause you have to push down and pull outwards for the thing to clamp down

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Either way it looks mint. I just gotta find a way to align it. I gotta adjust the part where it locks down cause you have to push down and pull outwards for the thing to clamp down

How do you plan on adjusting it? Just un-bolting it and move it back a little or what?

proctor

Honestly im stuck, it musthave somehow warped cause I tried unbolting and adjusting and it didnt do anything. How can I position it back to where it should be?Any ideas? Its Raised up on one side.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Honestly im stuck, it musthave somehow warped cause I tried unbolting and adjusting and it didnt do anything. How can I position it back to where it should be?Any ideas? Its Raised up on one side.
Now that I look at the picture it is. Where did you buy it from?

proctor

The front end was in an accident

I guess that would explain the warped trunk lolw

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The front end was in an accident

I guess that would explain the warped trunk lolw

Yea even if it was a front end collision. Other body panels may be warped by the force.