New guy

titansfan

So far it looks pretty nice gary,but i agree with the other let's see the rest of the car. Sorry about the STI that must suck those are pretty nice as well. I had posted a thread asking a couple questions but it hasn't really been checked and your thread seems to be pretty popular so i was hoping to get some answers. I just joined club civic last week and am trying to learn alot more b/c i dont know much about mods and cars in general. I was wandering what the strut bar does i've seen that it's a pretty common mod throughout the site. I have an automatic and have gotten some different ideas as to what i should to my civic some people say exhaust and others don't. If i was to get a new exhaust and then eventually do a tranny swap for a manual 5 spd would i have to change the exhaust after that?

Garrywang

So far it looks pretty nice gary,but i agree with the other let's see the rest of the car. Sorry about the STI that must suck those are pretty nice as well. I had posted a thread asking a couple questions but it hasn't really been checked and your thread seems to be pretty popular so i was hoping to get some answers. I just joined club civic last week and am trying to learn alot more b/c i dont know much about mods and cars in general. I was wandering what the strut bar does i've seen that it's a pretty common mod throughout the site. I have an automatic and have gotten some different ideas as to what i should to my civic some people say exhaust and others don't. If i was to get a new exhaust and then eventually do a tranny swap for a manual 5 spd would i have to change the exhaust after that?
Thanks for viewing and yes it was a very nice suby not an STI but a WRX still nice tho. From what I know about civics thus far exhaust is really pointless enless your upgrading your motor. Strut tower bars tie in the tops of the struts, vehicles flex under hard cornering. one way to eliminate this is to tie them with a strut tower bar, dont buy an ebay cheepy tho if the bar flex's it is absolutly it is for suspension rigidity. Password: JDM makes a very nice 3 point bar but these really only come into handy when you are going to be auto crossing, and turning hard.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ very true i/h/e is gonna give you 10 hp max, with that being sad its worth it to me just to do it to mod the car cause i just enjoy working on cars always have. Im not looking to have a super quick car, but nothing i drive stays stock long.
Strut tower bars do the least of any suspension mod you can do, but like i said before doing things even things like that to your car is great if you enjoy working on cars. You can usally get strut tower bars for cheap as well.

titansfan

O ok thanks guys i appreciate it. Hopefully i can figure out enough and save up the money and get some parts and start the long journey of moding my civic.

emerican

Registered VIP
If you are going to do an auto to manual swap and you cant do it your self be prepared to pay alot of money cause shops charge an arm and a leg for that.
Buy an ebay cold air intake kit when it gets to you throw away the filter that comes with it and buy a good aem filter the ebay ffilters are garbage.
Meagan headers can be hard for 120-150
If you want a cheap wat to do the exhaust order the ebay exhaust and only use the pipping and get a name brand muffler that sounds good.
About posting in others threads for answers that is frowned upon so try not to do it cause it takes this guys thread into stuff that isnt going to help him. Just trying to lend a hand man.

titansfan

Ok cool thanks i appreciate it emerican. I was looking around reading his stuff and he seemed to know alot so i was trying to get some insight from him and see what he had to say.

Garrywang

I m,en t to say strut bars that flex are usless they need to be a solid connection for the top of the struts to avoid them from flexing in on themselves

Garrywang

and yah mang i dont mind, but emerican is correct if this is what u like to do throw the exhaust on it and do all the mods u want. I have had a few project cars that were nothing but problems, thats why with the civic i am planning and thinking every upgrade out. Im going suspension/breaking, Power, Aesthetics thats how i roll i got the rims for the tires and such and they just look pimpin lol. More photos this weekend Be prepared, and keep checking back brothers. later