new guys ride

lassise

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont have pictures yet, i drive a 96 4d LX. i have recently become addicted to adding things to it. i bought a 4'' oem exhaust, euro altezzas, and a si grill. any new guy bashes are welcome, i love these forum things

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh dont worry man you'll get flamed hard hahahahah, especially for them tezzas ( i got em too =) )

So what you gonna do first? Motor or body?

TheNotoriousMogg

CC's Public Enemy #1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by lassise
i love these forum things
and we love altezzas...like we love the black plague ;)

blaklyte

-Nothin' Last Forever-
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to CC and BTW losse the tezzas !!!!!!!!!!!

lassise

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got an intake sensor mod, does anyone know what they do? ive been trying to research it and i cant find a thing. it said that it adds 20 hp and for $10 i didnt see any reason not to. can someone explain whats the dillio

Neon_ice

security at its finest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im guessing thats the resistor trick, im pretty sure it doesnt add 20 hp, and for 1$ you could have probley done it yourself.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by lassise
i got an intake sensor mod, does anyone know what they do? ive been trying to research it and i cant find a thing. it said that it adds 20 hp and for $10 i didnt see any reason not to. can someone explain whats the dillio
it's :bs: Whatever they tell you in those little ebay ads is bullshit, there is no way you are getting 20 horses for 10 bucks. If this was possible cars would be coming with these stock.

b16asi226

The East Coast Kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
:wtf: is up with this stupid ass thread, this is the member rides for pics right, this guy just said he has a car and wants to mod it. oh and he added that he got taken for $20. oh well, welcome and loose the tail lights pleez....tanks a ton....

lassise

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MY ALTEZZAS ARE ON AWESOME THEY LOOK SO COOL AND FLASHY MIDDLE CLASS AMERICAN

Mxpx182lit

Yea, i know its slow D15
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you joking lassise, leave altezzas for the altezzas, unless they are the black smoked ones, those are decent. and a 4 inch exaust? can you cay overkill? Id stick with the 3 inch maximum

Xyvon

Xyvon
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
20$ for like 20hp?

Actually to tell ya the truth its not really true.......
refering when i got that same scam but the thing is its mostly 20$ for about 1-2 hp gain.
its mostly redoing your system or IAT for the intake air temp.

soooo that mostly means it changes the actual reading to the one of the mod.

Ever notice that your car runs great around 40-60 degree temp? thats because its cold air, being read from the IAT to let more gain since colder air is better for the engine.
So more fuel is pumped to the engine thus=) producing greater speed.

So back to your mod....

All it does is you replace the IAT sensor with a metal rodmod or a plug that replaces it thats like a small computer box and instead of reading the actual air intake temp.

it replaces it with its own. saying that the outside air is between 50-55 degrees.....

Thus like before saying that the engine will pump more fuel and producing more hp...
One problem though,

the air that is actually coming from outside is hotter most of the time or less there is no point in installing the mod..... so therefore you make the engine work harder then it should and can overheat or even explode in the worst cases(AZ,CA,FL)..... some people find no problem with it but if you want to make a good mod without the fear of destroying the engine over time???!?!?!?

Hearing this? Get a aftermarket air intake is the bottom line. It produces cold air around (60-80degree)instead of the stock 80-100degree

so in the long run it wont hurt your engine and you get the 4-6 hp saying that the outside air is 40-60 with adding more fuel/air ratio because of the intake everything i would say is fine... and would be fine....

I just actually got into cc. 16 years old and my profession is cars in and out.
Anything else?

Pease (Yes i know i spell it wrong)

bklynEG

FTW!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he said he had a 4 inch OEM exhaust???????????????

3rd-Influence

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllll gooooooooooooooooooooooood, his car, his style, his taste.

BigCrossett21

Trying to Pimp it out
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
3rd-Influence said:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllll gooooooooooooooooooooooood, his car, his style, his taste.
i second that i have the tezza's but you all are more than welcome to bash me for them... cause they look great on my car cause i just got some gunmetal rims.... my picks are on the site...
my car

try this one