new here, check out my EJ6!

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i got a car a few months back.. and i figured i'll start a build thread...

Here's what it looked like when i brought it home.. BONE STOCK!!

after a couple days i took my rota boosts off my DA and put em on my new ej6...

my buddy just crashed his ek and had a brand new VIS carbon fiber hood so i picked it up off him for 300 bucks..

got tired of the boosts and i traded them for some black group n's with a red lip (got old quick)!

traded the group n's for some clean ass si's...

i was getting tired of my civic being a 4x4... so i picked up some tokico blues and no name coilovers (horrible ride)
i also was missing a side skirt so i went online and found someone selling a set of milano red si side skirts so i picked em up

got a mugen style lip.. but i didn't like it... so it didn't last very long lol

i had my momo wheel and quick release left over from my da.. so i ordered an NRG short hub for my ej and put on my wheel combo
i also picked up some black gsr leathers

got bored of stock exhaust and picked up a used tanabe racing medalion off craigslist.....

started getting some more overtime and work and i got some good suspension... koni yellows with ground control top hats front and rear with 430f and 400R springs rates..

got some oem bumper plugs from hondaautomotiveparts.com..

got tired of the ricey looking tanabe and got a greddy sp2 super quiet catbach exhaust, at the same time i got the exhaust i got a jvt engineering header and a bbp cold air intake..

after a couple weeks of saving i got some more suspension stuff! got me an asr subframe brace and sway bar combo..
got asr rear end links and a set of skunk 2 lca's...

got some brand new bf goodrich super sport as's.. and some si tail lights and went out for a photo shoot down by the water...

so that brings us to current.... i got a set of EX front lca's on the way off ebay... and my energy suspension bushings just came in today.. just bought an EX front sway bar last weekend.. the ex flca's will come monday... what do you guys think?????

00Ex00

5+ Year Member
Looks clean as hell dude, keep up the good work! Btw how much did you give for the rota boosts?

janedoe

Live Free!
5+ Year Member
Damn you have a nice f-ing ride! I enjoyed all the pics aswell, keep up the badasswork and keep us posted with your commented and pics. I would like to know where you got you Si tail lights and your carbon fiber hood. Diid you do all the work yourself?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you need to dump it again

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks clean as hell dude, keep up the good work! Btw how much did you give for the rota boosts?
got the rota boosts on ebay for 680 shipped..

Damn you have a nice f-ing ride! I enjoyed all the pics aswell, keep up the badasswork and keep us posted with your commented and pics. I would like to know where you got you Si tail lights and your carbon fiber hood. Diid you do all the work yourself?
yep, i do all the work myself... si tail lights on ebay....

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OEM Fogs would be nice =]
Throw your mudguards back on! Clean ride btw.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Needs a lip and you need to drop it more.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Interesting choice of ride height with that suspension set up.

frangipani

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think it would look cleaner without the DX badge.
just me though.

94civickid

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lower man take back down to the ride height you had it with the no name coilovers......you have a good suspension it will ride better then the no namers did so put it back on the ground :D

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice, drop it more, get another lip and get a OEM hood, dont like the carbon -___-'

either way i love the progress man, i enjoyed reading thru it, subscribed :thumbs up

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OEM Fogs would be nice =]
Throw your mudguards back on! Clean ride btw.
Fogs are in the near future... i'm getting ready for my swap next month so i'm saving ALL my money to go towards the swap..

Needs a lip and you need to drop it more.
soon as the swap is complete, i plan to get an OEM SIR lip.

Interesting choice of ride height with that suspension set up.
There are a couple reasons it's not "slammed" one reason being i live in washington near the border.. and winters here aren't exactly forgiving when trying to drive in the rain and snow, another reason being.. when you have the "slammed" look it looks great but the performance of the suspension setup suffers.. in order to keep the tires firmly planted on the ground you need to have a little bit of body roll. i agree the slammed look is great and i like the way it looks when it's so low.. but the performance suffers and it's winter :-)

i think it would look cleaner without the DX badge.
just me though.
i completely agree! i removed the badge about a week ago, just haven't updated pictures yet.. Thanks for the comments!

lower man take back down to the ride height you had it with the no name coilovers......you have a good suspension it will ride better then the no namers did so put it back on the ground :D
i love the slammed look too, however as stated in the previous post performance suffers, and its winter here in washington. horrible snow sometimes! better safe than sorry.

nice, drop it more, get another lip and get a OEM hood, dont like the carbon -___-' ither way i love the progress man, i enjoyed reading thru it, subscribed :thumbs up
i've been having second thoughts on the CF hood as well... i still have the oem hood in my garage. thinking about putting it on for the winter to avoid rock chips.. maybe keep it that way! :-)

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
since that last set of pictures, i've taken off the DX badge put a set of oem mud flaps installed a EX 22mm front sway bar with ex front lca's pressed with fresh energy bushings and energy end links and D bushings. handles alot nicer now i love it.

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm planning on going with a b18c from HMO, mated with an LSD tranny. after my swap i'm planning to get some oem fogs (yellow), some honda acess window visors, sir oem lip, some password fenders with side markers cut and some fresh paint and that'll be it for awhile. let me know what ya'll think about my future plans.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good call on keeping the Si's; they look the best.

DOPEYBOY247

5+ Year Member
I think it would look nice with some CTR headlights or black-housing headlights since your mirrors, door handles and moldings are black.

either way it looks good with those headlights too. clean!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
needs a lip again and take off the black s**t around ur fenders..
looks like ur headed the right direction though