New here! Tell me what you think of my find! 91' Hatch

K1NGTAT

Hey everyone! New to the forums! Thought I'd show you guys my find and let me know what you think good/bad. I already replaced the spark plugs and swapped out the filter. They had some cheap plastic filter. Once I get some extra cash I'm gonna get the stuff to finish the cold air intake.

91 Honda Hatch B20 Swap
HIDs, Clifford alarm and remote start. Hasport motor mounts , Innovative shift linkage , Function form Type 2 coilovers , Front and rear camber kit , Full exhaust , Si cluster , Skunk 2 lcas, unknown header, stage 4 clutch, JDM hood spacers, Alpine deck, SI seats

Attachments

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

Looks pretty good for a 91! Any plans on repainting the body / the valve cover?

K1NGTAT

Oh yes most definitely! I want to go gloss black for the body. Interesting is that the car doesn't sound "ricey" like most Hondas. At idle it sounds like it has cams.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
If it didn't have cams, it wouldn't run. Do you know if it actually has aftermarket cams? What transmission are you running?

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Is it tuned? No good running around on aftermarket cams untuned. I would make sure it actually does have aftermarket cams before you go any further.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

K1NGTAT

Not sure if it's tuned. Don't know anybody in my area who is willing to check it out with costing a s**t ton

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Theres no such thing as JDM hood spacers as theres no functional need for hood spacers to begin with. I think they look ridiculous cuz it make any car just look like its had prior wreck damage and the hood alignment is horribly off. The only logical reason to pace the hood hinges is to momentarily clear space for a big engine swap until a clearing hood is fabbed or purchased.

Otherwise, it appears to be a solid Civic. Im not a fan of 4-spoke rims though. What are your plans besides a black paint job & hopefully removing those awful hood spacers?

Last edited:

K1NGTAT

Actually my hood won't close if spacers weren't there. There is a part of the hood where some of it has been cut out. Looks like to me to fit the motor.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Spacers are "supposed" to help pull hot air out of the engine bay. No idea if they actually work. Password JDM sells parts, that doesn't make the parts JDM. A lot of the old style aftermarket mounts had rubbing issues with the taller deck blocks, I think everyone fixed that problem.

K1NGTAT

Spacers are "supposed" to help pull hot air out of the engine bay. No idea if they actually work. Password JDM sells parts, that doesn't make the parts JDM. A lot of the old style aftermarket mounts had rubbing issues with the taller deck blocks, I think everyone fixed that problem.

Valve cover is removed. In the middle of painting it. Any way to tell if I have aftermarket cams by looking? I'll post a pic. And just realized it was also switched from rear drums to disc brakes.