New high school civic owner

mlariviere

just got my first car back in october, a 1997 honda civic. I'm new to cc and heres a picture let me know what you think or any suggestions on future mods.

By mlariviere at 2011-12-27

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks clean! I got so much s**t for my hatch in high school lol

mlariviere

haha yeah you wouldnt believe the s**t i get about being a ricer.

mlariviere

well, im gonna do stuff to it as money becomes available, but i think it will be naturally aspirated and probably just stick to bolt ons. at the moment it has ugly plastic hubcaps so im trying to decide if i wanna spend half of what the car's worth on rims or just take off the hubs and paint the steelies black with a nice finish (i know. its not a Volkswagen) . I also plan to lower it 1 1/2-2".

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome, bolt ons on a d won't get u much power so don't go spending all your money on them, maybe a cheaper yonaka exhaust and ebay short ram with name brand filter so it'll sound nice.

If u want to drop for better handling but a stiffer ride then I think its been decided that progress cs2's are a great drop for the price and you'll be able to adjust your height. Or u can just go wit a spring and shock setup if you want to drop for looks and don't think you'll be touching your suspension again after that.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
at the moment it has ugly plastic hubcaps so im trying to decide if i wanna spend half of what the car's worth on rims
I have 15" Honda alloy wheels w/tires for sale, if interested.

Welcome, bolt ons on a d won't get u much power so don't go spending all your money on them, maybe a cheaper yonaka exhaust.
True, but I sure wouldn't waste my money on a crappy quality exhaust either.

94IntegraRS

well, im gonna do stuff to it as money becomes available, but i think it will be naturally aspirated and probably just stick to bolt ons. at the moment it has ugly plastic hubcaps so im trying to decide if i wanna spend half of what the car's worth on rims or just take off the hubs and paint the steelies black with a nice finish (i know. its not a Volkswagen) . I also plan to lower it 1 1/2-2".
First off I would just like to welcome you =). About the rim situation, you can never go wrong with the Civic HX's wheels, or if those are to small the Rota track R's are pretty nice as well.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to the site! I like where you're headed. I'm pretty much the same way with my little d16z6