New honda owner from Ohio

newman210

Hey! My name is Matt and I just purchased my first Honda yesterday!

A little bit about me: I am a DJ/Producer, a full time student studying Psychology at UC, and I work for Acura. I never thought I would enter the Honda world, but here I am. I also own a modded 850 Turbo and a slightly modded Lincoln LS V8.

Two Days Ago, I purchased a '00 Civic Si with 100k miles that was sitting on our lot for $2,700 (thanks to my employee discount at Acura). So far, I LOVE IT. Runs great, however it needs some shifter bearings, but that wont cost me anything through our Acura/Honda parts warehouse.

Anything I need to look out for in this car? Any tips etc. ?

Looking forward to getting to know this huge community!

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
welcome, looks clean

Which Acura dealer you work at?

Sleeper EG8

Android Powered!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome car looks clean and awesome price!

Sent From My Rooted SG3

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:welcome:
I'm jealous.. I paid more than that for a piece of s**t EX single cam that needs boat loads of work.. lol..

Nothing in particular to note! The b16 in that car is a good, strong motor! Treat it well, and it will do the same to you.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm jealous.. I paid more than that for a piece of s**t EX single cam that needs boat loads of work.. lol..

Nothing in particular to note! The b16 in that car is a good, strong motor! Treat it well, and it will do the same to you.
this....lol.....i paid 3,500 on a 96 with ls swap........

newman210

welcome, looks clean

Which Acura dealer you work at?
Thank you! I work at Superior Acura in Cincinnati

Welcome car looks clean and awesome price!

Sent From My Rooted SG3
It's pretty dang clean. The previous owner was also an employee at Acura and I know he babied it haha

I'm jealous.. I paid more than that for a piece of s*** EX single cam that needs boat loads of work.. lol..

This is what happened...some salesman started a rumor that the Si was not a true Si and that some sort of swap took place. My boss concluded that the car was not reliable enough to put on our used car lot and he was going to send it to auction. I checked the vin and had a honda mechanic look at to make sure it was an SI with the stock motor. Sure enough, it's a true Si. I went back to my boss and said,
"before you send it to auction, how about to consider selling it to me." He told me to make an offer so I offered 2500 and he said 2700 and thats when I gave him the money lmao. I LOVE this car.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome: to CC

Nice pick up man. What part of the Nati you from?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, good steal on that Si. Looks clean as hell. $2700 is a great price. I kinda wanna work at the acura or honda dealer near here, but feel like I'd have to get my certification from school first.

newman210

Nice way to play the cards man
I tried haha. Maybe kissing my boss' ass helped too! :P

:welcome: to CC

Nice pick up man. What part of the Nati you from?
Thanks!! I currently live in Clifton...which also means I am extremely paranoid of someone stealing/vandalizing my car!

Damn, good steal on that Si. Looks clean as hell. $2700 is a great price. I kinda wanna work at the acura or honda dealer near here, but feel like I'd have to get my certification from school first.
I have always loved clean, and tastefully modded Hondas, but could never find the right one. I had to grab this Si while I had the chance! haha

Nice pick up!
Thank you!

What a steal! Nice pick up
Thank you! I couldn't let it pass!

99ebpem1

Hell of a deal you got there bud.
Almost makes me sick to think back on paying $10k for my si. But that was over 6 years ago.

Enjoy it. Appears to be in great shape.

datbumper

First off, welcome. Secondly, f**k you! Can't believe you picked this beauty up for $2.7k. Nice job!! Have fun with it, and make a build thread for all of us to check out if you decide to mod it!

newman210

First off, welcome. Secondly, f*** you! Can't believe you picked this beauty up for $2.7k. Nice job!! Have fun with it, and make a build thread for all of us to check out if you decide to mod it!
haha thanks! You aren't the only one...all my co-workers are very jealous! I will be sure to make a build thread =)