New member: 2000 EBP Em1 with 7k!

Double_0 Si

Greetings and salutations. I'm from Minnesota and on November 22 I picked myself up my first Honda and my first manual transmission car. Ive been a member of car forums before, so I know the scrutiny, drama and etc. I'm here to share a story, learn about my car, find ideas and of course, share pics!! I'm here to have fun, because I enjoy cars just like all of you!

The car is a completely original and stock Honda Civic Siwith a b16a2 4cylinder DOHC VTEC in Electron Blue Pearl with just around 7 thousand original miles. I picked the car up as a winter/DD (LOL!) but it's quite rare in it's current condition so i'm meticulously keeping it clean and proper. It was picked up in White Bear Minnesota for under 10g's and had a VERY long list of people who attempted to purchase and failed, and had another long list of people who were in line after me.

Now before I get bombarded with negativey, and a list of bad press.... just save it. It's a nice car in amazing condition! Just enjoy the picrues and the car for what it is, nothing else.

The car has been thouroughly checked out by an extensive member of numerous Civic forums, and i've had numerous car enthusiast check this car as well. It's all stock and legit. It has had a mysterious repaint to the drivers side and it has had a window replacement on that same side. I'm under the assumption of vandilism as all the panels are numbered and matched, the carfax is clean and nothing points to any major accident.
It runs perfectly and is a glorious car to drive.

At the current moment i want to keep it stock, just because of the rare factor. You do NOT find these cars in this kind of condition. But then again, this is a "tuner" car, and i would love to lower it, do a full intake and exhaust, and put on a new set of rims... but, I have two other cars that I am modifying as well, so we will see what the future brings.

Please enjoy the pictures and the story for what it is. thank you enthusiasts for reading and commenting in a calm and civil manner! On to the pics!!

current mileage:

and how the car looks today:

After the first test drive:

This is what was traded for it:[/B]

Any questions... please, i'll do my best to answer... thanks again for looking!!

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Welcome to ClubCivic!

• As a new member you may need to learn the ropes a little. Do not worry, we are here to help. The following post is going to help you learn how to use the site more efficiently.

• We do have a set of rules, which you must abide by. You can find these here: http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=180144 We run on a warning and infraction system here.

• Get to know your moderators. We are the staff of the website that help keep the place in check. Go here to learn a little more about us: http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=3295 You may PM us to close or delete a thread you have created.

• We also have a great little tool at your disposal called "Search" You can use any keywords you want to search for, and it searches the whole forum and displays the relevant threads for you. You can search for tags which was recently implemented. This is also a great way to help search for threads with specific keywords as the search actually pulls results from posts within the thread.

• The Report button. This button is used to report posts for spam and insults against you or any other members. Use this wisely as an email gets sent to all moderators and administrators. The image to report a post looks like this:
    Just click on it and tell us why it's being reported, please keep it as short as possible, such as: "Spam" "Insulting" "Being a jerk" "Going off-topic"

• We have an Off-Topic section for general down time and relaxing. This is where the OGs of the site hang out. While in this section, please, don't take anything too serious and don't take anything personally. It's a great section to ask for help on everyday problems such as computer problems, funny events of the day. We have the following very popular threads:

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=94219 - Post up your pic! *56K*
    http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=152012 - Describe The Person Posting Above You
    http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=83879 - What are you listening to right now?
    http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=90329 - Post a pic of your girlfriend/boyfriend/whatever
    http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=187589 - You laugh, you lose.
    http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=83966 - Last Thing You Ate?

Take a look around inside these threads to get a general idea of what they are about. It's a great way to get yourself acquainted with the other members of the site.

• We have a section for you to show off your ride, it's called "Members Rides" and is split up into generations. Please post your ride in the correct generation. Also, this is a place where you are going to receive criticism and comments, take them with a grain of salt. You can find it here: http://www.clubcivic.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Remember, just have fun. We're all here for a reason, a love of cars. If you can remember this, you'll do fine!

Double_0 Si

A little mini photoshoot after i got the car in December...

For those that have seen the car on other forums, thanks again for looking, and to all NEW members who have not, enjoy!

CDubs

Registered VIP
holy s**t thats clean and amazingly haad to have been garage kept, excellent find

HondaNINE

Hey man I'm in MN as well. Check out mnhondas.com

I saw this on Carsoup. Yea 10k is alot for this car... But if it makes you happy its all that matters.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I want details on the other two cars you are working on.

Oh yea, welcome :D

Double_0 Si

Thanks for the referal to MNHondas... I paid under 10k, traded in a car that NEEDED to be traded in... and i already have 2 people interested in paying exactly what the dealership offered, cuz they've seen the car after what i've done to it. Ive cleaned it up a bit, buffed, polished, waxed and a few other tidbits to keep it neat, stock and clean.

I have a supercharged 04 Monte Carlo, and my 2008 Ford Mustang that is completely upgraded to a Stage 3 Roush. I'll set up a thread in the future of my "other" rides... thanks for the interest!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks great! soooooo clean! :thumbs up

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
very nice find. Sorry that imma be the first negative nancy but im not too big of a fan of the foggies you got on there. but i can still appreciate the car for what it is. Congrats on your find.

armoOndo408

superrrrrr sexyyyyy!
all i would do is lower it lol

but its ur car and its beautiful the way it is!!
take care of her

Double_0 Si

The fogs are Tenzos... and if you look at the first set of pictures and the title... it's how the car looks NOW. I removed the fogs as those were the ONLY modification done to the car, and the right one didn't work. I threw around the idea of OEM style fog lights, but i'm not cutting into the bumper, so that's out. Tenzo doesn't even make that fog light setup anymore, so I couldn't even replace the burned out bulb.

I'd like to lower it... but I haven't really figured out what to go with. Maybe Eibach's setup: springs, struts and sway bars.

I'd like to do an exhaust, I have a friend with an Apexi, sounds awesome, but i'd like to do something different, maybe SkunK2?

IF I did an intake along with the exhaust, i'd probably do an AEM dry-flo, and revert back to stock during the cold/wet seasons...

Lastlly I'd like to do a set of rims: maybe 16" Enkei EV5's they're bronze. Tires, not sure yet. I also need to get my stocks re-finished, as they have started to pit around the centercaps.... customary for a car that's sat for this long.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good move ditching those fogs, car is immaculate. Take your time researching brands and options before making purchases. I'd leave the stock air intake and get a quality drop in filter like K&N. Look into coilovers instead of shocks and springs for the ease of adjustability. Do you want an oval shape or can shape muffler? You'll only find can style with Skunk 2. Just some things to think about. Welcome to CC

Double_0 Si

I'm thinking maybe doing a set of coilovers and an Apexi W2 exhaust... Skunk2 i'm told is a bit loud. Gonna do a simple K&N drop in when the weather gets decent again. Who makes a decent set of coilovers?

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Progress CS2s are very good quality for their price, I will be going with those in the spring.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
holy s**t f**k