1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

New member, exhuast question, Buddy Club Spec 2

Discussion in '6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)' started by staticfitment, Aug 22, 2013.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. staticfitment

staticfitment New Member

alright guys I have a 97 civic dx coupe, it has nothing done to the engine or the exhaust. The only modification to the car is raceland coilovers and spacers. I would love to get an exhaust next. I love the sound of the buddy club spec II. It says it would fit on the four door in some places. Why would it fit that and not the coupe? I don't mind it being a little short if that is the only reason it wont fit. If it does not bolt on right now that would be a problem. Does anyone know if it will fit or not? I really don't feel like wasting a bunch of money! thanks guys I appreciate it!.

2. Failsafe88

Failsafe88 gt CasaNova Registered VIP

Best thing to do is contact them directly and ask

3. staticfitment

staticfitment New Member

Okay I was just wondering if anyone had tried it and found out just so I had an idea that it would work. I could call them too! thanks! =)

4. slowDB7

slowDB7 New Member

i think it will only work on EX coupes and sedans, do to the difference in locations of the cat.

5. Failsafe88

Failsafe88 gt CasaNova Registered VIP

If anything you could get it and if it doesn't fit like you want take it to exhaust shop

6. staticfitment

staticfitment New Member

I thought it might have something to do with the cat placement. It seems so hard to find a good catback for a dx coupe it seems like all the exhausts fit everything in that time space except that model. Do you guys have any suggestions for a good exhaust for my model? I was just going to get the exhaust shop that I always go to make me a straight pipe but I have to work around PA emissions tests.

7. slowDB7

slowDB7 New Member

Buy whichever exhaust you want that will fit a ex coupe and have a muffler shop fab a pipe from the stock DX cat to the rest of the exhaust.... That way you still have the cat and will pass PA emission tests

8. staticfitment

staticfitment New Member

It does say that the buddy club pro spec works on 96-00 civic coupes so I might just get one of those