New member, here is/was the civic...

jdmstyleEJ8

Registered VIP
Ok, im new to the CC and saw every1 "introducing" themselves so i thought its my turn. this is wat my civic looked like.

I got into an accident on June 17th of this year.. my fault of corse.. rearend a Taurus of all cars and he got away with 2 cuts in his bumper....

That night i took off the whole front end and tried to straighten up the top of the core support.

But it was too wrinkled to fix, so i took the old one out in halfzies...

I dont have a pic of the new core support tho.. i was moving too fast, lol i was anxious. but the accident was on thurs. and by sat. i was sourcing for 99-00 front end parts ;). i found em, called for dibs, on sunday i shot him a deposit to hold em, and wed. i was on the road to go get them.
99-00
-hood
-fenders
-bumper
-headlights
-Si grille
- and both Si doors

aand by the weekend it looked like this:

Figured i'd do the DIY black housing headlights, mount em, and take it for a spin

I still have to put hte doors on but i have to cut in the jams with paint before i hang them.. and im opting for a Mugen front lip.. let me kno wat you guys think... looong thread i kno.. sry

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your front end is very patriotic. But its coming along nicely! Thought about a 99-00 rear bumper?

Lilredrocket

5+ Year Member
Good luck with everything. And welcome to CC. I assume you are gonna repaint the front end and what not?

jdmstyleEJ8

Registered VIP
hahaha patriotic it is! but yea, im going to spray everything the same color as it was before, im working on the bodywork now. its been a few weeks and it seems like NONE if it is turning out.. lol idl bodywork bc im anal about my work, buut im low on the dough and me and my dad painted before so im going to do it again.. im hoping to get it done in a couple months tho.. and i have thought of a rear bumper, im just not too sure about an aftermarket 1; yet i think the paing would stick to it better... idk

jdmstyleEJ8

Registered VIP
and i just realized how sucky these pics are... did em with my fone.. il try not to i nthe future so i dont hurt anyones eyes trying to focus haha

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice work man. love to see people fixing s**t instead of parting out. check out my rebuild thread

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very fast work. The main color is sick..

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Glad to see you didn't just give up and say f**k it. Good work you got going, just keep it up, get money, and keep on rolling. :lol:

:welcome:

jdmstyleEJ8

Registered VIP
thanks, haha the good comments keep me going. i did think about quiting (for a min) but its not my style.. its my first out of 3 cars ive had.. never got rid of it tho

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
Your front end is very patriotic.
hahaha got to it before me.

On another note a bad thing has turned into a new venture to face lift your Civic. There is a reason Honda made the cosmetic changes during the 99 year. It looks better. Nice work.

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VERY nice job... and frik... that quickk?
im guessing clubcivic's forums info assisted a bit ;)
but thats wicked..... continue on with the build i'm interested

1997EK

1997 Civic DX (EJ6)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Now that's some dedication to your ride. Sorry about the accident, but you've done an awesome job sorting out the repairs by yourself. Welcome to the forums man. Looking forward to seeing more from you in the future. Best of luck on the rest of the repairs.

cheeseneck

Already RHD
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hope nobody was hurt. and welcome to club civic. good to know that not all people will part out their honda's after a nasty accident. n good job on the car.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome. You did a good job, im still searching for 99-00 parts, so difficult to find, you found them very quick!!! Craiglist? Also, you got everything to align pretty close. I would figure a frontal collision will miss align the frame of the vehicle. HOw did you managed to align everything???? At least the car will not be called salvaged.

jdmstyleEJ8

Registered VIP
I sourced the parts through searchtempest.com (craigslist). the parts were 3hrs away but it was def worth it besides the pass. fender: it had a couple more dents than the others... but ive ben wanting to do the 99-00 front end conversion for a while now haha i guess i just needed a legit reason to... and the core support was bent, but the frame was not, so the new core support aligned as good as id hoped. but i bolted everything up to the new core support to make sure everything aligned right BEFORE i welded it in. oh, and no1 was hurt in the accident..