New member = New car to laugh at...

tehsbean

5+ Year Member
So, a short while ago, I recently came across a very, very cheap '94 LX Sedan as a project. The car, (as the pictures show,) is what most people consider junk (and trust me, I get plenty of picking on for it whenever I mention it to my friends.) It is, however, solid, straight, and generally a good starting point. All the broken/bent/otherwise crap parts on it are parts that I would plan on replacing anyways, so it's all good to me.
So, picture time.

ryanM

you got some work ahead of you bro, good luck :thumbs up

Ion22

5+ Year Member
Good luck with it. I would just take care of the rust! That looks like it could be a problem.

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just looks like a project to me... looks fun imo.... i bought a shell because i wanted a project under the hood

tehsbean

5+ Year Member
Luckily for me, my father is an ex-body mechanic, and one of my neighbors is an engine mechanic, and has already pledged his support for the project when it comes to performance, so I've plenty of help to make this thing go. All I need is a job to get the money to foot the bill for parts (jobs are hard to come by when you live in the middle of the woods...)

00Civ1c

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh man, good luck with everything. Starting is the hardest point in making a project car IMO.

///AMii

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow...you got some work to put in...welcome to cc

aaren99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey man we all have to start somewhere. As long as the engine is running strong everything else looks minor but I'd take care of the rust asap.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
needs some work but it does have potential...!

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Could be a complete sleeper, OR ... IT IS! LOL Well best of luck to you.

john-ej1

5+ Year Member
yea man wish all the luck to you on your project, so whats your future plans for it?

BillKisme

IM a Carbon Fiber whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not bad at all. like everyone else said get that rust taken care of first.
What did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I dont get what's to laugh at, it doesnt look bad to me..
Just get the rust like everyone else said and start replacing body panels/small interior stuff and you're good to go..

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Everybody starts out with something that's a little rough, but thats the beauty of the project car. You can watch it progress over time. Good luck.

tehsbean

5+ Year Member
john-ej1 said:
yea man wish all the luck to you on your project, so whats your future plans for it?
Well, exterior wise I'm thinking body kit, CF hood, and a set of fenders (and some rust removal, of course.)
Motor swap (does anybody know what the LX sedan had stock for a motor? I'd look but it's buried under 5 feet of snow right now.)
Coilovers, fix the ball joints, some other bolt-on suspension pieces.
Brake upgrade (I'm thinking Integra GS-R/Civic Si parts, but I'm not sure yet.)
And some interior upgrades.

I'm hoping to make it a showable car that has plenty of go to enjoy autocrossing in, too.
BillKisme said:
What did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?
$100, driven into the driveway.