new painted JDM D15B valve cover! pics inside!

victor.m

5+ Year Member
So today I was hanging out at the junkyard (yes, hanging out at the junkyard) with a friend and I came across a civic with a JDM D15B in it. Luckily, it had a valve cover right there just waiting to be pulled out and painted..I had been wanting to get a new painted valve cover for a while so I decided today I'd call out of work and my friend and I would get this baby looking nice and slick. Here's the progression and the result, and soon I'll have it in there (just waiting a bit more for it to dry and then gonna cook it). Also need to sand and polish the lettering.

Check out all the pictures on my flickr album:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/victorm/sets/72157603884802468/

killthisish

OMG LOL!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good man, good job. It'll look sweet with polished letters.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why didnt u pull the engine?

victor.m

5+ Year Member
well i'm not sure how much longer the engine is gonna be there or in what kind of condition it was in..i'll go back this weekend and if the engine is still there and in good shape i might pick it up. how can I check to know if the engine is good or not? I also don't know if I'll have the experience to completely remove the engine, never done it before. but yup would be a good idea, why not

crz1o13o4

5+ Year Member
I bought the EXACT same paint and did my valve cover a while back, only thing is i have a pretty much full can of paint that i will probably never use anywhere else.

victor.m

5+ Year Member
haha yah I got a lot of it left over too..I'll put it to some use, eventually
thanks, i'm really happy with it. also gave my engine an overall clean..now I need to make my hoses and wires a bit cleaner and my engine bay will start to look decent.

next up, red lighting for my dash, climate, and clock :D

95 modified

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks good if i had another valve cover I 'd have you do mine too.

victor.m

5+ Year Member
thanks man appreciate it! I'll do something to my old one now and update you guys. just need some free time and to solve my overheating problem

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like you did a good job but i think black wouldve looked a lot cleaner

victor.m

5+ Year Member
Hmmm damn you're right...is that your bay? Looks slick, I might just do my extra valve cover black and see how I like it. Looks really clean there. Any given day off I have this week I'll undertake doing my other one =)

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that was when i had a d, my car is black too and i think it just matches everything better and its not real flashy, if you have an extra cover go for it so if you dont like it you can switch back

victor.m

5+ Year Member
so you're on a B now I suppose? i definitely like the nice clean black look..nice sol man, really nice actually after seeing your garage. I love the clean black-on-black action.