New project we thought of.

mattym1204

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok... ill post pics when i get em... do you guys know if they made 5th gen civics with hydraulic clutches?? or am i gonna need to use a clutch pedal out of something else?

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OK and ask the owners of those cars how much money they had to put into them to get that much power... cmon now.. u cannot sit here and argue that a D series motor is easier to get horsepower out of than a SAAB 93 motor... maybe with 10 grand into a D series it might be pretty quick
actually you can drop about 2g's into a d and it will run 11's all day.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When i get my license back in the spring I'll give you my pic of my dyno sheet on my d series build . . . . Sohc arent as bad as you think they are

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
theres a guy here in washington and hes is making 405hp at the wheels on a single cam vtec running 11's. and as far as i know he only has 700 dollars into the build.

edit: he ran his 11 sec pass with a 4door and single cam vtec.

tunerkid7

5+ Year Member
A 2JZ, NO s**t. your going to have to order part overnight from japan....

lol, hahahahaha

Hahahhaha that was funny, "Pop the hood", i wish i didnt know 2f2f that well, the whole series come to think of it.

And i am actually very curious to see this done, this would be a great opportunity to do a sweet write with tons of pics jesus get it goin

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok... ill post pics when i get em... do you guys know if they made 5th gen civics with hydraulic clutches?? or am i gonna need to use a clutch pedal out of something else?
Yes, 5th Gen Civics have hydro clutchs. Im using a D15b7 tranny out of a 95 DX in my 2000 LX. :thumbs up

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thatll be nothing compared to the LS7 swap im gonna do

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK and ask the owners of those cars how much money they had to put into them to get that much power... cmon now.. u cannot sit here and argue that a D series motor is easier to get horsepower out of than a SAAB 93 motor... maybe with 10 grand into a D series it might be pretty quick
:pimp:
lol... what a noob

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
s**t ive got a SBC sittin out back and an EJ1 with nothing in it..... V8 Coupe anyone?
Im tellin you, this thing will make over 3,489 FWHP and 87,000 RWTQ!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^

:rolf:

only need a couple grand to get the d-series to the point where it'll beat a lot of people.