New radiator, cooling fan not turning on.

civic_dreamer

5+ Year Member
My radiator recently died, It was blocked up with gunk and debree. I got a brand new one for an arm and a leg with new sensors radiator cap, ect. However I noticed when doing a coolant swap that my fan never turns on even when the gauge levels out ( about halfway ) when it always used to sit below the temp symbol. (it says in the manual to allow the fan to come on twice before refilling the fluid, but it never happens). I checked all the wires, changed the cooling fan fuse but still nothing. Could it be the cooling fan relay or something else? Ive checked all the other previous posts but no one has a new radiator.
Help or tips would be appreciated.
Cheers

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i installed a new radiator, t-stat, and fan switch not too long ago. when i was refilling it the fan never cut on for me either. just make sure you cut the heater on full and remember to bleed the system with the bleed screw and you should be ok

EGHseries

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you also want to make sure your fan comes on aswell you know it might get hot in traffic

civic_dreamer

5+ Year Member
Getting hot in traffic is what im worried about. I live in Australia and it gets pretty freaking hot, sometimes like 45C. When I used to sit at lights the gauge wouldnt move but now I have a new radiator if I sit at too many lights on the way to work, it slowly starts moving up. And I dont want it to overheat! Yeah I bled my system, when I changed the fluid so all good. Suppose ill just have to mention it next time I take it in for a service.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea you should hear your fan click on every few minutes if your in traffic and its fully warmed up. you can also invest in a lower temp fan switch. mine is a buddyclub, its set at 70C i think. my water temp never gets above 90C now

MajEK

Cry Some More
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hook the fan up to the battery and see if it actually works. If not check your thermoswitch.