new rotors

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
that doesnt mean anything.. people buy them from brembo.. then do the rest themselves... the box will still say brembo because it started its life as a blank or slotted rotor... real slotted brembos are pretty expensive (from a reliable source)

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/results.jsp?autoMake=Honda&autoModel=Accord+Sedan&autoYear=1994&category=Rotors&autoModClar=

i dont even see drilled and slotted listed.. just reinforcing my thought that they are drilled (after the fact) brembo slotted rotors... are the slots all the way through like the drilling? or just partially through
you're right... real brembro slotted/drilled/etc are expensive as f**k... and there's no way you got them for anywhere near $100. chances are, someone bought a f**kload of blanks, drilled/slotted them, then resold them as what you bought.

just so long as you're aware... not sayin its bad or anything. s**t, i have brembro blanks that were slotted out, but sold to me as "Real Brembro Slotted" rotors. tho i guess... technically they arent lying, they're brembros, and they're slotted, lol.

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Zak8022 said:
you're right... real brembro slotted/drilled/etc are expensive as f**k... and there's no way you got them for anywhere near $100. chances are, someone bought a f**kload of blanks, drilled/slotted them, then resold them as what you bought.

just so long as you're aware... not sayin its bad or anything. s**t, i have brembro blanks that were slotted out, but sold to me as "Real Brembro Slotted" rotors. tho i guess... technically they arent lying, they're brembros, and they're slotted, lol.
hmmm.... never thought of it that way. i asked the guy b4 i bought them if they were legit, and he said yeah. never told me they probably did it themselves. well, at least they brembos and not autozone ones...

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it true you can not resurface slotted or drilled rotors? I heard that somewhere.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boricuacvc said:
hmmm.... never thought of it that way. i asked the guy b4 i bought them if they were legit, and he said yeah. never told me they probably did it themselves. well, at least they brembos and not autozone ones...
if they did in fact drill them (not brembo) they MAY be worse than autozone rotors... think about all the variables... you have everything from a top of the line sick machineing process to make the holes, all the way down to a homeless guy and a cordless drill.. you cant pinpoint the quality because more than likely they were NOT done by brembro... NOT to say that ANY rotor is flawless... but one made at a top notch factory VS one made by a company famous only in the realm of ebay.. id be concerned.. can you post up some clear pictures of the slotting, and drilling?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
Is it true you can not resurface slotted or drilled rotors? I heard that somewhere.
i would think that it would be difficult as the brake resurfacing tool is almost like a lathe? so it MAY catch in the gooves? but that is JUST a guess

silvertuner98

Banned
u can turn slooted/drilled rotors... its just hard on the brake lathe and u have to cut it very slowly and not take very much out at a time. which takes for f*cking ever. i have done a set for a friend at work and they were fine. but we wont do anyone elses. the bits get dull a lot quicker and in all honestly unless u do extreme stopping then i dont see the need for them if u know how to drive. but thats just me. my rotors are oem and i do a ton of 80-30 stops and still no warpage but the groves are starting to come in

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
silvertuner98 said:
u can turn slooted/drilled rotors... its just hard on the brake lathe and u have to cut it very slowly and not take very much out at a time. which takes for f*cking ever. i have done a set for a friend at work and they were fine. but we wont do anyone elses. the bits get dull a lot quicker and in all honestly unless u do extreme stopping then i dont see the need for them if u know how to drive. but thats just me. my rotors are oem and i do a ton of 80-30 stops and still no warpage but the groves are starting to come in
That would make someone think twice about slotted/ drilled rotors if it's difficult to find someone to turn them. I guess if no one would do it, you would have to buy new rotors.

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
That would make someone think twice about slotted/ drilled rotors if it's difficult to find someone to turn them. I guess if no one would do it, you would have to buy new rotors.
im beginning to regret buyin these. i will post better pics shortly.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boricuacvc said:
im beginning to regret buyin these. i will post better pics shortly.
Well at least they'll look good for a while until you need them turned or need new ones. I don't think anyone wanted you to feel bad about them. Def post up pics when you're done.

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
Well at least they'll look good for a while until you need them turned or need new ones. I don't think anyone wanted you to feel bad about them. Def post up pics when you're done.
i saw the blanks and thought of those, but then i saw these and picked these instead. i didnt know i would be taken that way. im sure i can find someone to turn them, it'll just be expensive as hell probably.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boricuacvc said:
i saw the blanks and thought of those, but then i saw these and picked these instead. i didnt know i would be taken that way. im sure i can find someone to turn them, it'll just be expensive as hell probably.
If it's expensive, you might as well buy some Brembo Blanks. Like I said, I got mine for $80 shipped and they look great and stop just fine. I'm also just running with some new OEM pads.

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
here are some more pics. tried to get a good closeup of the slot and cross drill. the edges look really nicely finished. dont look like regular drill edges to me, but i wouldn't be able to tell the difference. help me out if you can.

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
If it's expensive, you might as well buy some Brembo Blanks. Like I said, I got mine for $80 shipped and they look great and stop just fine. I'm also just running with some new OEM pads.
well, hopefully these will last a long ass time. just gotta get some nice pads to go wit it. then on to the shocks/struts/coilovers.

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well I dont know about rotors, but those look pretty good to me, very clean

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
well I dont know about rotors, but those look pretty good to me, very clean
they will look better on the car... :P

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boricuacvc said:
well, hopefully these will last a long ass time. just gotta get some nice pads to go wit it. then on to the shocks/struts/coilovers.
Not to pry, but I thought you were tight on the funds. Anyway, they're gonna look great on the accord.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not brembos imho... ill take a pic of mine tomorrow if you want to compare...

NOT being a d**k just saying so you knwo for sure.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:

You have true Brembo drilled/ slotted?

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:

i know the rotors themselves are brembo... just maybe the cross drill/sleeve isnt.. which sucks!

as for the funds... they truly are low... but what im getting for the car is actually stuff it needs... the rear shocks are blown and need to be replaced. not right now... but soon.