New serpentine belt is too long even with the routing change by Honda

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Does anyone know where I can get a serpentine belt that is the original length?
What belt route change are you talking about? Which engine do you have?

Buck Osten

It’s the 1.8 engine. Honda came out with a technical bulletin that changed the routing of the serpentine belt and they changed the belt to a slightly longer one.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
It’s the 1.8 engine. Honda came out with a technical bulletin that changed the routing of the serpentine belt and they changed the belt to a slightly longer one.
Take a photo of the engine code. There are no 88-91 Civics that came with a 1.8L engine from Honda. If it has a 1.8L engine it has been swapped for it. Need engine code, also there are no serpentine belts on Honda's before 2001. All accessories were driven by individual belts.

Buck Osten

Take a photo of the engine code. There are no 88-91 Civics that came with a 1.8L engine from Honda. If it has a 1.8L engine it has been swapped for it. Need engine code, also there are no serpentine belts on Honda's before 2001. All accessories were driven by individual belts.
Sorry I wasn’t more clear… It is a 2006 Civic with a 1.8 engine. I took the old belt to the Napa Auto Parts store in town and they were able to find a new belt that is the same size as the old one. Thanks for your help.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sorry I wasn’t more clear… It is a 2006 Civic with a 1.8 engine. I took the old belt to the Napa Auto Parts store in town and they were able to find a new belt that is the same size as the old one. Thanks for your help.
You posted this in the 4th Generation section I'll move the right spot. This section is for 88-91 Civics.