new SI sidemarkers

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just got these today and put em in, lemme know what you think. they are from 03-05 ep3

Slo Em2

Team Serene
5+ Year Member
they look ok, never really did like the clear ones. my girls ep used to have them and we swapped them out with the orange ones.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya i had the orange for a good while, it just got played out with everyone calling it jdm all the time.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they look a lil too far back to me..

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
car looks great.. get some brighter bulbs in there.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got any bulb suggestions? theyre only 194 amber color glass from cycolite, same as front signals. i didnt think they made anything brighter. thanks. i know raybrig has their 2x but its only for clear bulb which i was using in the orange markers before.

as for the placement, its in the exact spot that the stock overseas 7thgen sedan has them.

im not lowering anymore, the roads are terrible and ive scraped pretty badly already. but thanks for the comments. :cool:

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those skirts are beutiful.

be creative with the sidemarker. maybe wire them in parralel instead of series

1999civicsi

Banned
gearbox said:
got any bulb suggestions? theyre only 194 amber color glass from cycolite, same as front signals. i didnt think they made anything brighter. thanks. i know raybrig has their 2x but its only for clear bulb which i was using in the orange markers before.

as for the placement, its in the exact spot that the stock overseas 7thgen sedan has them.

im not lowering anymore, the roads are terrible and ive scraped pretty badly already. but thanks for the comments. :cool:
same with me...ur car looks good at the height it is now...i have the eibach prokit..but with the lip kit on my car i can barely get outta my driveway and thats going out sideways...i still have wheel gap but i cant lower it nemore either..roads suck here as well

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya its so bad here, almost everyone comes to a near stop going over tracks. and there are manholes that are all dipped about an inch or two its pretty bad everything is torn up, im surprised skirts havent fallen off lol.

oh about the bulb, do you think i can use those bigger 18w bulbs that are for trucks and stuff? seems like the base is the same but it might not fit in the hole...

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey guys i found the bulbs i was after! well you know the mini wedge types, well there are 3 different ones. the 194 which is what i have is only 2CP (candlepower). then there is a 168 that is 3CP, and then i found out alot of euro spec cars use 2825 (clear) or 2827 wy5w (amber) bulbs that are 4CP! that is double the brightness of mine now. since they arent sold anywhere, im off to the bmw dealer to see if they can order some. they last around 300 hrs (about the same as a big bulb turn filament like 7443), compared to 2500 hrs for 194 and 1500 hrs for 168. but thats okay, should last a year or two.

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice. i like the clear better. besides clear is jdm.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey interesting point, cause all the cars over there have the clear lights and markers. well these are the bulbs i went with. they are the brighter wy5w with a silver cap. ill update the pics when i get em.