New Suspension is in!!!

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright, so all my packages just arrived today and it was time to install. Sorry, no pics at this time, but I'll try and get some taken tomorrow.

Installed:

Omni Power Streets
Skunk2 Rear Control Arms
ASR Brace
Engalls Rear Smart Arm
Engalls Front Upper Adj. Control Arms
22mm CTR Rear Sway (which didn't make it in, more to come on that)

Install was pretty smooth, and straight forward,took about 5 hours to do it all. I'll start with the snags for the rear.

For those that start on an SI platform for the ASR brace, you will want to get 2 new bolts. Yes, we already have backing plates welded in so you dont need to use that backing plates offered in the kit, but the lower bolt is about 1/2 an inch too long because the backing plates installed in the factory are not as thick as the plates in the kit. I will be buying new bolts tomorrow, I got lucky/unlucky I could not install my sway bar. Speaking of which. Ordered it from PasswordJDM with the bushings......but it did not come with the bushing brackets (the little D loops). So at this moment im running no rear sway since the bolt pattern on the ASR brace is not compatable with the bolt pattern on the stock SI brackets.

So, two things learned for the rear.
1. Make sure that if you are starting on an SI platform, purchase two new bolts 1/2 shorter than the supplied botls.
2. Make sure that if you order a 22mm CTR Rear Sway or a 23mm ITR Sway, that the D loop brackets come with it so you can install it.

The front was pretty simple, unbolt, take out the old, replace with the new. Only a small problem, more of an annoyance than anything. The bolts that hold the upper control arm in on the driver side are a MFPITA to get out. Very little room to work with, i was getting like 1/8th turns on the wrench each time. The passanger side, just take out the Battery, and if you already have an aftermarket intake, you wont have to worry bout the front bolt, it should be easy to access.

Now for the Omni's.... My car before this was lower about 2 inches on stock struts with Neuspeed springs. Nowing that the spring rates on the Omni's are a little stiffer I layed out the Omni's next to the stock setup and shortened my Omni's bout an inch shorter. When i finished up and lowered the car back to the ground though, it was sitting at almost stock height. Sooooo.....I spent another 30-45mins going around the car lowering it more with the stupid ass supplied wrenchs that I will add, TOTALY SUCK. That being sad, if you are looking for that 2 inch drop mark, I made measurements of the coilover to share, as it is sitting almost where it was before this.

X <Top Nut
---- <Pillow Mount
mm < Spring
mm
mm
mm
---- < Spring Perch
---- < Spring Perch Lock
U < Shock Body
U
---- < Lower Lock Collar
U < Lower Collar

Sorry for the crappy diagram, but thats the best your gonna get from me. Anyway, I measured from the bottom of the Spring Perch Lock to the top of the Lower Collar. In the front it was 1.25" and the rear was 1.5". The car sits nice and level right now, looking at the side, it looks like the front and rear are even. So anyone looking for these ride height, that is a good place to start off at and will save you alot of damn time, I had to wrench out about 2 inches from all four corners. Laugh now, but that s**t isn't easy by the third spring.

Other than that, I haven't driven it much yet. The allingment is WAY out right now and I have an allingment scheduled for tomorrow, so I will post more about the ride later, perhaps after the rear sway is back on. Hope this helps anyone looking to do this sort of install with these parts and saves you some of my headaches.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks like a good setup...why did you settle for the omni streets non adj???

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, besides having a spring rate that I like and being ride height adjustable, 650 shipped was a nice price for a full cover.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
isn't it Ingalls

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Update:

1. To install the CTR Rear Sway, without already having the right "D Brackets" you will need to purchase your own from your nearest Acura dealership, just ask for the ones that fit a 2001 Type R.

2. The ride is alittle bouncey, but atleast IMO not in a bad way. Suspension sounds alittle "squishy" though going over things such as speed bumps, but it feels right, I think its just the natural sound of the springs on the perchs.

Once I get the rear bar on later this week I'll take it out and hit some corners hard and see how it does, for now, it just feels like the ass is gonna come flying out on the corners.