New swap ideas for my ek hatch!

SIRemy

Im stuck on which swap I should go for. I have a stock d16 non vtec and it sucks! Im thinkin b20z because the price sounds good. What do you guys think? B20z? I want moar power!!!:twisted:

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What is your experience level on swaps, and how much power r u looking for?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SIRemy

I have 0 experience with swaps. This will be my first. Alot of people are telling me to get a d16 vtec instead and start off easy instead of jumping into a b series swap and spending more money. I lookin to get between 250-300hp.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would recommend a b16 for your first swap. Almost a direct fit. Decent price. B16a2 stock is 170hp compared to the 106hp u probably currently have, looks awesome, and plenty of room to get more power out of it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Also take into account what your budget is.

SIRemy

I was gonna go k. They go for about $700-$800 online but i heard it costs a s**t load of money to swap in. B16 sounds decent. I gotta do more research on it and find the right prices. my budget is like $2500-$3000. I dont have all the money yet since im still saving.Just dont want to save for long and then waste money on a long project.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can tell you that your power goal wont be achieved without boost or a built engine.

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i can tell you that your power goal wont be achieved without boost or a built engine.
basically you'll need boost to come close to 300hp with a d or b engine or a race built NA k-series, With your budget the k is out and the b will have to stay NA unless you spend more money or find amazing deals, and with boost you'll need good tuning as well aka more dollars.

SIRemy

I really want a k bad! I heard they are expensive just to swap. I dont exPect to have all the power at once. i will gradually build to meet my power needs. How much do you think i will have to put up on a k swap?? Yea my bud has a boosted d16z6 runnin 11 sec quarters. Pretty quick. I have enough for a k right now but swapping it in will cost alot i heard

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'll take a b16b over a b18c5. 300 n/a isn't that far fetched
300 N/A is pretty insanely far fetched IMHO. If it were purely a track car, maybe, but for a DD. Yeah, not gonna happen realistically.