new theft deterrant idea, will it work?

ikillradio

yeah too bad you are trying to take something from a ford
and the 02 ford explorer xlt has a glitch where you togggle the bottom two buttons and it unlocks the car no matter what the code is set to. :roll: the dealer wouldn't recall it either
i've done it.

the_ska_kid

Skankous-Maximous
5+ Year Member
oh no!! how horrible. ford is the only manufactuaer (sp?) that i know of that has those keypads. i thought about the toyota/lexus idea of the driver memory thing, but those things r like hella expensive (upwards of 600) when the keypads are like 50 buck ebay style

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Inigo Montoya said:
or they rip out the keypad and connect the wires....
that could easily be solved by twisting and looming all the wires, and using all the same color...

your point IS valid IF they can figure out where they connect, and if you burry the wire enough then sure they CAN fine it, but it would make it a hell of a lot harder..

the point is NOTHING will keep you car from beign stolen.. if they REALLY want it they will get it.. but the more prevention.. the more dificult you make it...

ikillradio

i just take off my head whenever i park and put it in a specially designed backpack :roll:

if that dosent work ill start putting it on blocks and dragging the wheels with me wherever i go

the_ska_kid

Skankous-Maximous
5+ Year Member
my civic is almost completely stock. it has I/E and vtec controll. no CDplayer, no system, a walmart shift knob and a valentine one radar detecter. my civic really isnt worth stealing. and i have 5% tint all the way around with 50% on the windshield with a 5% strip on the top of the windshield. i think the most valuable things on the car are the rims (OZ superleggas with toyo proxy 4) and the V1 radar, which i take out of my car if im gonna b in somewhere more than 15 minutes.

iv been told that MOST theives wont spend 2 seconds longer in a car if it isnt needed. alot of people can BARELY drive my car (super heavy clutch and short throw) and alomst everyone cant start my car (push button, somewhat hidden) so im safe there, but it IS florida, so thats y i thought of the extra security

ikillradio

the_ska_kid said:
my civic is almost completely stock. it has I/E and vtec controll. no CDplayer, no system, a walmart shift knob and a valentine one radar detecter. my civic really isnt worth stealing. and i have 5% tint all the way around with 50% on the windshield with a 5% strip on the top of the windshield. i think the most valuable things on the car are the rims (OZ superleggas with toyo proxy 4) and the V1 radar, which i take out of my car if im gonna b in somewhere more than 15 minutes.

iv been told that MOST theives wont spend 2 seconds longer in a car if it isnt needed. alot of people can BARELY drive my car (super heavy clutch and short throw) and alomst everyone cant start my car (push button, somewhat hidden) so im safe there, but it IS florida, so thats y i thought of the extra security
you tinted ur windshiled?
is that safe/legal?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ikillradio said:
you tinted ur windshiled?
is that safe/legal?
i dotn think that florida has inspection

the_ska_kid

Skankous-Maximous
5+ Year Member
florida indeed does NOT have inspection. and for it being illegal, yes. yes it VERY much so is. but u can see out of it and from the interior, u really cant tell unless i tell u that its tinted and i show u the lines. theres a 5% strip on the top so it helps out with hiding the windshiled being tinted. at nite, u cant see s**t inside if yur looking in from the outside. if cops roll by, windows down, when they leave, windows back up, AC back on. cost me 180 for the whole thing and the tint is amazing. i dont have winshield wipers AT ALL on my car, cuz i have 3 coats of the rainX gel and 4 coats of the spray and i reapply te day b4 it rains and after every detail, and the water glides off, and its sexy!!

the_ska_kid

Skankous-Maximous
5+ Year Member
ya damn skippy. i wanna wire up my switches on the wiper controls to various things in the car. like turning on neons, or amps or something

the_ska_kid

Skankous-Maximous
5+ Year Member
and thats y yur a mod, cuz u kick ass. only the cool kids drive around without wipers on their cars. dont u wanna b cool too?

do u use rainX or someother form of water deletion, or do u just not drive yur car in the rain?

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
I think it'd be pretty pimp to be honest... but it would only stop the basic thief.. the one who jams something into the ignition to start the car. A real thief would probably be able to easily bypass it. If it were cheap though, it'd probably be worth doing.

Not a bad idea either way. Definitely adds to the coolness factor if nothing else. lol. (Ok, when you get in the car.. flip the switch located ________ that will activate the entry pad. Input the activation code and a secret panel will open up revealing the ignition.. put the key in, push the start button and you're ready to go.

lol...
Werd, go ahead and do that because unless you do something extremely clever with the wiring, it's not going to be any different than bypassing a standard alarm. I'm not a thief but I can do it in 10 seconds or less just because I've installed so many alarms and starter kills.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the_ska_kid said:
and thats y yur a mod, cuz u kick ass. only the cool kids drive around without wipers on their cars. dont u wanna b cool too?

do u use rainX or someother form of water deletion, or do u just not drive yur car in the rain?
Using actual wax on your windshield works even better that RainX

the_ska_kid

Skankous-Maximous
5+ Year Member
i dunno dude, i use zymol wax (ahh the smell of that stuff!!) wax on the windshield?kinda riskay

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
i dont see how it's going to work.... the wiring if at all possible would be incredibly hard

but if you get it to work nobody is ever going to want to buy your car with the chopped up ignition system :lol:

No. He'd get a DWI and I would have to install a breathalyzer on the damn thing and I would spend a half hour getting around the m/f.

High tech security system?

Yeah, I circumvented it

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Spencey said:
...I'm not a thief but I can do it in 10 seconds or less just because I've installed so many alarms and starter kills.
I love when they come in with that "computer chip Immobilizer" . :lol:

Literally 10 seconds to get around that bullshit.

the_ska_kid

Skankous-Maximous
5+ Year Member
most theives, i repeat, MOST theives, wouldnt bother with my car b/c they wont think to look in the glove box (or armrest) for the ignition module, so they will just move onto the next car

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the_ska_kid said:

rainx.. no problems... ;)

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the_ska_kid said:
most theives, i repeat, MOST theives, wouldnt bother with my car b/c they wont think to look in the glove box (or armrest) for the ignition module, so they will just move onto the next car
Actually most thieves DO look in the glove compartment. Not to start the car though. They are looking for guns, checkbooks, CDs, a Cinnabon that's been kept warm in there...you know whatever.