new to 4TH gens

deadone000

5+ Year Member
wats up???i finnaly baught a 91 hatchback....this is my 1st ef....my 2 last cars were DA's...so im kinda new to these cars...its lowered with a d16z6 and i baught it for $960...with no name intake & dc sport header....so yea just sharin since i have nuttin else to do!

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sweet man, you'll find that your EF is just the same as your DA.

deadone000

5+ Year Member
i just need to probbaly buy a new gauge cluster b.c the rpms dont work & the gas gauge neither

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sweet man, you'll find that your EF is just the same as your DA.
only difference in retrospec is the DA is usdm, and the EF is jdm!, that and they are completely different in every other aspect.

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, the look is different, but pretty much everything can swap right over from th DA to the 88-91 USDM/JDM civic/crx. I.E: suspension, brakes, e-brake cables, brake lines, front and rear lips, front and rear sway bar and brackets (rear),

Is that betty for you, Tom?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ok, the look is different, but pretty much everything can swap right over from th DA to the 88-91 USDM/JDM civic/crx. I.E: suspension, brakes, e-brake cables, brake lines, front and rear lips, front and rear sway bar and brackets (rear),

Is that betty for you, Tom?
all of which does require some sort of modifying in some way or another, not hard, but not exactly cake work either, and who is betty, lol.

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
edit: better

what mods do you have to do for any of that...? I have the brakes on my car and I didn't have to do anything for them, other than just get it aligned. I have kSport suspension on there and didn't have to touch s**t. The brake lines are from 92-95 civic. E-brake cables, didn't have a problem. Don't have the sway bar on there, or the brackets, but I know that all that is bolt on, no problem. Maybe you're confusing it all with you fit?!?!

deadone000

5+ Year Member
yea my hatch is a dx and he did the whole mpfi swap, he wanted $1500 with the hid's & cd player & speakers...i told him he can keep the hid's and all that crap b.c i got some at home...and that ill give him $960 in 15 min and he took it

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
edit: better

what mods do you have to do for any of that...? I have the brakes on my car and I didn't have to do anything for them, other than just get it aligned. I have kSport suspension on there and didn't have to touch s**t. The brake lines are from 92-95 civic. E-brake cables, didn't have a problem. Don't have the sway bar on there, or the brackets, but I know that all that is bolt on, no problem. Maybe you're confusing it all with you fit?!?!
92-95 civic isn't s DA or ED, as for suspension, 88-95 civic, and 90-00 teg =no s**t, and yeah i would completely confuse a GD3 for a EF or DA cause i'm a f**king newb to honda's and i don't no s**t about 4th gens!, FYI FIT is gone anyways, get with the news!

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i had a DA. then i had a 4th gen civic hatch. now i have another DA....

deadone000

5+ Year Member
i wanted another DA but id always wanted to know why alotta ppl like EF's so i gave it a try...

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like EDs better, easier to get and cheaper.

deadone000

5+ Year Member
ok i mean an ED lol....just use to people calling them EF's...but i would take pics but the cable to the camera broke :-(

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
92-95 civic isn't s DA or ED, as for suspension, 88-95 civic, and 90-00 teg =no s**t, and yeah i would completely confuse a GD3 for a EF or DA cause i'm a f**king newb to honda's and i don't no s**t about 4th gens!, FYI FIT is gone anyways, get with the news!

No one said anything about the 88-91 civic or 90-93 integra being a 92-95 civic, now this is all USDM mind you. all I said was that I have the brake lines from them. you guys are so worried about the f**king chassis codes, it makes me sick. Everyone knows what one another is talking about when someone says EF/ED. the s**t is stupid!! And when I said that you'll find the DA just like the EF, I meant that most of all the parts can swap over to each others car. I didn't fill like I had to explain myself in ever detail for someone that knows soooo much about cars to get what I was saying.

SilentMist

10 psi seems like a dream
No one said anything about the 88-91 civic or 90-93 integra being a 92-95 civic, now this is all USDM mind you. all I said was that I have the brake lines from them. you guys are so worried about the f**king chassis codes, it makes me sick. Everyone knows what one another is talking about when someone says EF/ED. the s**t is stupid!! And when I said that you'll find the DA just like the EF, I meant that most of all the parts can swap over to each others car. I didn't fill like I had to explain myself in ever detail for someone that knows soooo much about cars to get what I was saying.

We all know what one another is talking about when someone says ef/ed

but,I coulda sworn all ED`s came Sohc Dpfi or Mpfi Single Cams.

but,I coulda sword all EF`s came Dohc Mpfi Dual Over Head cams.Well then agian some may have brought a single in them,I aint postive.

Well G if,I were new to the site and .I didnt know betta .I would get rather confused in this situation wouldn`t you say so.

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
We all know what one another is talking about when someone says ef/ed

but,I coulda sworn all ED`s came Sohc Dpfi or Mpfi Single Cams.

but,I coulda sword all EF`s came Dohc Mpfi Dual Over Head cams.Well then agian some may have brought a single in them,I aint postive.

Well G if,I were new to the site and .I didnt know betta .I would get rather confused in this situation wouldn`t you say so.
There is no confusion. What I was referring to was that a lot of the parts that are on integra's fit on to the civic's. It's not about being new to the site at all. What it is ,is that you have too many people on here that are getting all worked up about the chassis codes, and to be honest with you, it's getting out of control.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What it is ,is that you have too many people on here that are getting all worked up about the chassis codes, and to be honest with you, it's getting out of control.
I have to agree with you there homebiscuit ;) Alot of the times it's some of the mods acting like little girls about the ef/ed thing. It's f**ken gay, just let people call their civics what the want.

Last edited: