New to car world. 2000 Ex

Robertb927

i have decide to make the car look good and later worry about adding performance to it. Please help with links to where i can find good parts for good prices to start up.

Any suggestions to what to do will be accepted.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
You are about a decade or two late for the show scene but giving you any recommendation would have to derive from the style you are most into. If you can, do some research and post some links of what you like. Upload some pics of your civic, and put on a flame jacket...

Something that would increase its look and performance would be some quality shocks and coilovers along with the front bumper lip.

Last edited by a moderator:

CO671

Registered VIP
really nice canvas to work on, Is it manual or automatic?

If you're trying to get power here's what I said in another thread:
Intake? nope, no power just sound. $50-$200
Exhaust? nope, no power, just sound. $200-$800
Headers? nope, no power, just sound and if O2 sensors aren't installed, you add problems. $100-$300

Click the link in my signature.

Honestly, this is how I'd build a coupe for myself so here's how it would go:
Interior:
-01-03 Acura CL Leather seats (Link here for DIY: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3122006)
Or other seats (see link in signature) can always opt for 8th gen Civic or RSX fronts in links posted below.
-8th Gen Civic Leather rears (have headrests) or RSX Leather rear seats (don't have headrests):
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=161600
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1167520
-EDM Civic VTI Jordan Cluster, Integra Cluster, or S2000 cluster swap (see link in signature for tutorial)
-The following mods listed in these albums:
http://imgur.com/a/IKr0F
http://imgur.com/a/iuTND
240mm Broadview Rear view mirror
White LED Interior light bulbs for map and dome light (see link in signature for light bulb sizes)

Exterior:
-99-00 Chargespeed front lip, or Acura 1.6 EL front end conversion

-power folding side mirrors
-Mugen spoiler

-Window visors and rear window visor as pictured in above picture.

Suspension:
-Progress 21mm sway bar
-Koni/GC

Engine:
turbo the stock D-series and tune it, custom exhaust

Wheels:
meh, could always change

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Halo projectors, underbody neons and a big wing for starters.
You do know that's what they actually do in Japan? :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robertb927

Thanks for the advice. I am looking to get my lights smoked with halo lights. Am gonna work from the outside in. Front lip and rims are also in the mix. Than i will start with interior

CO671

Registered VIP
Thanks for the advice. I am looking to get my lights smoked with halo lights. Am gonna work from the outside in. Front lip and rims are also in the mix. Than i will start with interior
So you want to reduce the quality of the lighting by smoking it?
and then make it annoying with cheap halo lights?
no no no no, headlights are functional and must be very reliable to you, and be safe for oncoming traffic
(nothing's more annoying than cheap aftermarket headlights on a Civic, especially HID's that are scattered and not aligned correctly.

You can do what you want to your car, but what I'm saying is going to be the common opinion of others on Forums.
Halo's are ugly and retarded, smoked slightly reduces lighting output and is usually ugly too.
if that pleases you, then that's all that matters though!

You could either get the CTR replica's, or do it yourself and paint the inside of your headlights:

Also, for better lighting, HID Projector retrofitting:

Front lip: here are your main options:

Rims. try to stay between 15 and 16 inches. 14 would be a bit small, 17 can be pulled off but rarely does it look nice in the end.

2000 HondaCivic

Civic Project In Process
Well I agree with CO671 about the Exterior but not the Performance parts info. Those parts do give power if you don't buy cheap parts. Anyways about the exterior the lights he mentioned are a good look, safe and look really good, you can also put in a new grill for starters that will go for about $50. I Lip is good too. So I recommend doing the following Front black grill, can do either black headlights or tail lights for the green and black look or chrome out the lights will also look really good. and Front Lip. After these you can look at the car and try for a little more little by little. Hope this helped

CO671

Registered VIP
Well I agree with CO671 about the Exterior but not the Performance parts info. Those parts do give power if you don't buy cheap parts. Anyways about the exterior the lights he mentioned are a good look, safe and look really good, you can also put in a new grill for starters that will go for about $50. I Lip is good too. So I recommend doing the following Front black grill, can do either black headlights or tail lights for the green and black look or chrome out the lights will also look really good. and Front Lip. After these you can look at the car and try for a little more little by little. Hope this helped
My opinion:
Even if you spend extra, there's no power that's worth it.
Don't do a black ebay grill, they look tacky and ugly when they're not paint-matched, stick to stock unless you can get an ebay grill and paint match it yourself.
Blacking out your headlights/tail-lights are ugly, they reduce lighting quality too. Ugly. Ugly. Ugly.
Chrome/Altezza tail-lights are uglier than ugly, cheap and rice. You got nice stock red/clear tail-lights, don't change them.