Its a 98 EX sedan.

Still have lots of mods I am planning on when I get the $$$
Lowering it this weekend hopefully.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
1 picture? Come on man, share the wealth!

Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay!

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:welcome: What are your plans man...

PasswordJDoM

Dominic
Hahah okay I will take some more pictures tonight!

Well for now:
I plan on going turbo whenever i can save up $1000, but until then I would like to get a dc sports header, i know its pointless if i'm going to go turbo, but that wont be for a while hah.. lower tie bar and brace..lower it of course (looks like a friggn' rally car haha) probably a mishimoto radiator. Oil pressure guage, maybe air to fuel one as well. Carbon fiber hood, a few other mods as well. Any suggestions on important mods?

Appearance wise, Id like to get it painted, not too sure on what color/s yet (be happy to take ideas.)
Deeeefinatly need New head and tail lights.. Probably an oem spoiler, front lip. rear window visor, maybe some white rims if i keep the car black. Paint my valve cover. Get some racing seats and maybe take out my back seats, even though its a sedan haha, never really need them.

I live in san diego and we have drag races at our stadium, i was planning on entering my car in there after a few performance mods, mainly for fun of course =)

::Question:: Has anyone used one of those vtec controllers? My car redlines at 7000 and i feel like it would be better if I could set it to 4500 or 5000 instead of 5500.

Thank you, im sure ill be keeping in touch with my progress and asking lots of questions, this is my first build. =)

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1 picture? Come on man, share the wealth!

Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay!
Wealth? He's preventing our eyes from hurting. Well to those that have good taste at least.

PasswordJDoM

Dominic
Couple more..

And before you guys bash on it, I pretty much bought it like this, I have a lot of crap i want to change on it.
The only thing i've done appearance wise is the whole front bumper basically, and a few things inside.

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you do have some work to do. lol

i only like the sunroof!

jeders

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

This is my ek coupe....my dd and jdm project....
what the. did anyone ask? get your own thread.

OP, looks like i see scratches or something. when u can, paint it up! jet black or something. but make her sit to the ground already.

PasswordJDoM

Dominic
OP, looks like i see scratches or something. when u can, paint it up! jet black or something. but make her sit to the ground already.
Yeah.. whoever had it before me beat it up pretty bad, dings and scratches everywhere. Im getting it dropped when i get my vacation pay from work (a week or two) so i'll definitely have pics of that soon.

And i definitely want it painted, i really hate looking at all those scratches and dings more than anything.

What is the best way to lower your car?
I saw some eibach springs for $249 - that a good deal?

idkfreddy

5+ Year Member
What is the best way to lower your car?
I saw some eibach springs for $249 - that a good deal?
I'm barely starting out also. But I don't think there's a BEST way to lower your car just preference. Browse around the threads that mention suspension and you should get an idea. A lot of people recommend Function & Form 1/2 coilovers, might put that into consideration. glwb

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome! I say its fine just DUMP IT!!

jeders

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the best way for lowering is doing it right the first time. save up for a full coilover kit. it'll be worth it. drop springs dont even bring it down that much. or if anything get coilover sleeves and upgrade your struts.

PasswordJDoM

Dominic
Alright ill look around for some coilovers. what about those kyb gas shocks... any good?

Im getting about $300 - 400 check, so what should/could i buy with that?

jeders

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright ill look around for some coilovers. what about those kyb gas shocks... any good?

Im getting about $300 - 400 check, so what should/could i buy with that?
sry idk much about kyb's but they ok. those are gunna cost well over $100 a each strut though.
coilover sleeves are about $100+ for a set. cheaper if you're lucky.