New to forum, not sure what to do with my 98 civic lx 4dr

Thugnuggin

Hi, I am new here and just a couple of moths ago I got a 98 civic lx 4dr. So far I have gotten smoked out head lights and new tail lights. But I'm thinking about switching to the 97 oem tail lights. I've got a couple of ideas like strut bar, coilovers and rims. But those are typically things done to coupes so idk if those would look different on my car. Will try to post pictures later, thanks for helping!

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Sedans are even better with coilovers and wheels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

CO671

Registered VIP
Post a picture of what you're working with, as well as your budget / what you're entirely interested in.
I have a long list of DIY's and Tutorials of functional modifications for Civic's that i've used for my own sedan.
I'm here to help, lemme know.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:wstupid:

dck1ng69

5+ Year Member
You can do 99% of the same mods as the coupes...the 4 door can actually be better because the frame is more rigid than the coupe, if you do anything to the suspension FOR THE LOVE OF GOD don't be a retard and buy cheap s**t, and also realize that once you lower the car the camber usually gets messed up

Trekk

Registered VIP
Yeah what many people don't know about the 4 door is that it's really not that much more heavy then a coupe. I've had a hatch and a coupe in the past, I like my sedan more then the others.

CO671

Registered VIP
OP's taking a while, meh.
So i'll bring up some options for under $100 each since i have nothing better to do.

It's not mentioned if the car's automatic or manual so i'll start with a manual modification:
~$20 used 94-01 Integra stock shifter shaved to fit D-series linkage
~$60 PWJDM Brass Knuckle 530gram shift knob.
I never appreciated my car's shifting until I bought my 240sx and drove a friends manual Scion XB. The heavy shift knob + shorter shifter really changes the car.

Exterior:
Front lip 96-98 replica SiR or CTR (Civic type r) lip & mesh grill, folding side mirrors (each can be probably had for under $100)

Interior:
Integra Cluster (used under $100)

S2k cluster (can't be had for under $100 but is really nice)

Direct seat swap options
97-01 CRV, 94-01 Integra (98+ integra seats are better), Del Sol, S2000, 92-96 Prelude

Interior lighting: follow this chart and order the bulbs on amazon or ebay.
Also, a 48LED panel light is very bright for the dome and fits well. Also get a licence plate light bulb while you're at it, all should cost under $20
http://www.modifiedlife.com/1999-honda-civic-sedan-light-bulb-size-guide/

But before you do any of these, fix current problems