New to forums and cars

natsirt

Hi everyone. I have a 1994 Civic LX Limited (Canada equivalent of a USA DX I believe).

I got this car for 800 bucks and it's all stock.

I'm just trying to find out what I can do with this car....

Can anyone recommend:

Turbo (with related stuff needed)

If it can go tiptronic (its currently just auto)

Or any other easy stuff that can help increase its power a bit.

I'm trying to go from small minor mods and gradually go to larger mods.

So....what can I start out with?

I don't know what other info I should give.... Well again.... HI

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey man, first welcome to the site, second, i say start by looking in the members rides section, there u can see what others are doin to their civics. then you do what you like based off of everyones cars. everything is really just up to you, some people do motor swaps, some dont. some people go all out some dont, etc etc etc, do what you like, and have fun with it

natsirt

Oh ok,
I was just wondering.

1. Is it ok to post a reply here?

2. I was actually planning to first get speakers and a deck for the car. Then I'm planning to do a change on the air intake of the car and exhaust system. As much as I would want, I don't think I will be doing any engine swaps in the near future....so I'm trying to see what I can do with my D15B7 engine.

lethalmilkshake

Just make sure you do good maintenance I'm guessing it has well over 100k miles on it

natsirt

The engine has around 150k miles on it (247k kms). Nothing has ever been done to it aside from its regular maintenance and stuff. Previous owner changed the speakers and car deck (which are crap right now, so I want to change them). And I'm not sure if it applies to all stock models like my car, but my brakes seem a bit weak (gotta press it around 4-5 inches forward to get a decent braking force) although I checked and brake fluid is ok, brake pads/shoes are all good.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome!! And pictures!?

natsirt

No pictures yet, and since I'm messaging from school, I cant really take pictures of my car right now haha.

EJ6_DMS

id recommend a engine rebuild or drop another in as yours done 150k before u consider a turbo?

natsirt

Oh I've got a question about engine rebuild. Whenever someone looks for a used car, why do most people I know avoid "rebuilt engine" cars?