new to forums

nintyeight ex

Hey everyone im new to the forums as title states just bought a 96 ex im going to be building up ( hopefully) i have the 1.6 and my question is will boosting my 1.6 be of any significance i already have 4-2-1 headers and it has already been lowered 2 inches. any idea what it would take to build it up to get low 13s at the track ?

just confirming this is actually the 1.6 vtech engine at the same time haha completely new to civics

Attachments

Lord Hodge

Respected
Looks like my 1.6 non vtech just painted over but I'm also a new civic user. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's not a vtec engine. No solenoid.

Engine code will be stamped on the block just to the left of the header.

BTW, there is no "h" in vtec.

Also, if you are going to boost, your header is no good. You will need a manifold that supports the turbo. I suggest you research. Boosting has been done and documented for decades on these things. There are thousands of threads on it and most people aren't going to answer the same old questions anymore.

nintyeight ex

That's not a vtec engine. No solenoid.

Engine code will be stamped on the block just to the left of the header.

BTW, there is no "h" in vtec.

Also, if you are going to boost, your header is no good. You will need a manifold that supports the turbo. I suggest you research. Boosting has been done and documented for decades on these things. There are thousands of threads on it and most people aren't going to answer the same old questions anymore.
I see alot of that on these forums "noones going to answer the same old question anymore" but every bloody question has to have been asked 20 times.. I know my header isnt good for a turbo I know how to boost. my question was is it worth it. You know after every question has been asked all you end up doing is repeating yourself and telling everyone to stop asking the same question. Anyways thanks for the reply but you could be a little more friendly with your responses and not think everybody is a complete newb. I have worked on every thing American now I chose to give import a try . So give me a break :D not trying to be rude either.

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
I see alot of that on these forums "noones going to answer the same old question anymore" but every bloody question has to have been asked 20 times.. I know my header isnt good for a turbo I know how to boost. my question was is it worth it. You know after every question has been asked all you end up doing is repeating yourself and telling everyone to stop asking the same question. Anyways thanks for the reply but you could be a little more friendly with your responses and not think everybody is a complete newb. I have worked on every thing American now I chose to give import a try . So give me a break :D not trying to be rude either.
lethal wasn't being rude.

He's right, that motor is non vtec. I think if you did do some research you would quickly find that your motor is not suitable for the kind of power you're after.

nintyeight ex

so what do you guys expect this forum to do ? shut down because every question has been asked multiple times Ok guys all forums are closed there is enough info on here that people dont need to post anymore XD . i did search and saw multiple 1.6 boosted engines so i asked if it was worth boosting it. ive made one post here asking questions and got 2 answers do some research... wtf is the forum for???? i see what kind of answers we get here so ill just join one of the other 5000 civic forums thanks anyways guys not very welcoming on here.Bye

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so what do you guys expect this forum to do ? shut down because every question has been asked multiple times Ok guys all forums are closed there is enough info on here that people dont need to post anymore XD . i did search and saw multiple 1.6 boosted engines so i asked if it was worth boosting it. ive made one post here asking questions and got 2 answers do some research... wtf is the forum for???? i see what kind of answers we get here so ill just join one of the other 5000 civic forums thanks anyways guys not very welcoming on here.Bye
:welcome: to CC. Let's not jump to conclusions here, but I want you to understand why the two replies to your post are what they are. It has to do with your first post. When you put "will be boosting" and "i already have 4-2-1 headers" (it's just a single header btw) into the same sentence, this leads the readers who commented above to believe that you think you have a header ready to go FOR your boost setup. Furthermore this leads them to believe that you do not know much about how a turbocharged system works, which is why you were told to research on the matter.

Remember, based on your first post, it SEEMED like you don't understand a turbo system. So when Lethal mentions "research", he's not telling you how to research your question - he's telling you to research how a turbocharged engine works. He answered your question on whether it's a Vtec motor or not.

nintyeight ex said:
any idea what it would take to build it up to get low 13s at the track
I suggest looking into different turbo sizes, set a budget for your build, and look into Go-Autoworks turbo kits. Look into doing a compression test first to ensure the motor is healthy enough. Go to dragtimes.com and browse Civic time slips -- you'll see what 1/4 times they got, and many include their engine setup, etc.

We understand you have questions - we are here to answer them, though if the answers are already out there, why repeat the answers over and over again? We ask that the user (you) also take some time to research because, in all honesty, many questions can be answered via google in the time it takes to post the question here. I'm not telling you to refrain from asking, just letting you know that for a 20 year old car, chances are you're not the first person to ask a question about it, so the information out on the web is plentiful.

I hope this clarifies.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here we go again....:rolf::popcorn: