New to Honda.

SwanStyle

I was looking around a bit for a new car after I got out of basic training, and had my heart set on a new GLI. So I went down to the VW dealership back home and tried a couple out but wasn't really feeling any of them. I caught this 2007 Si out of the corner of my eye, so I gave it a test drive and fell in love. I've had other priorities until now, but I'm ready to pop her cherry with some mods.

SwanStyle

First off: intake, exhaust, rims. I'm not into the whole body kit garbage, but I do want to lower it. The warranty is about up, so I'm starting with the valve train and then throwing in stage two cams. Turbo is an option, but i'm undecided as of yet. Other than that, I want something unique so I really want to do some small things to the interior like changing the color of the lights in the dash. I'd also like to add some red to the fabric of the seats, like the Type R has. Oh yeah, and I need to wipe the back except the Honda and the Si logo.

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like a pretty good plan, looks good man

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like you got yerself a plan! i like where this is headed. thank god you didnt get a vw..

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ASM! ftw! good luck with your plans

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice choice with the Si sedan. Sounds like your going in the right direction with your ride, as far as mods.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nice. I test drove one of the new Si's, loved it but I couldnt justify, nor afford, to have car payments of $400 a month. Decide whether or not you are going to turbo before you buy an intake.

SwanStyle

Well, I thought about that, what with the cramped engine and all, but I won't turbo until I build the engine a bit. And I figure the final cost of all that plus a turbo kind of dwarfs the $170 i spent on my short ram. Not a big deal.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
minot ND...

atleast u can find an oilfield job to support ur obsession pretty easily...

looks like a stock si...

lets get on these mods eh?

SwanStyle

minot ND...

atleast u can find an oilfield job to support ur obsession pretty easily...

looks like a stock si...

lets get on these mods eh?
Hahaha I can't see managing an oilfield job while working twelve hour shifts seven days a week every three weeks or so with my current job in the Air Force. But at least the oil workers get paid over time...

Anyways, I put the intake on. Things have been on hold for a little bit. I had an unexpected and extremely unfortunate funeral to attend for A very good friend of mine in Florida. Cost me a bit of cash to get down there with such short notice and all, but I'm saving for my exhaust now. In the meantime, I do have an engine start button from a Type-R, and I'm looking to get the Type-R shift boot, collar, and knob as well.