New to modding.

JacobMan

image.jpg image.jpg

Any mod ideas? Exterior wise,red rims would be fine you think? Thanks for the inputs.
Got some 16 drag wheels. Everything else pretty much stock. Ive seen other drastic mods i just dont know where to start.

Attachments

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In order to get some suggestions you need to explain your taste, what your goals are with it mechanically and cosmetically, and what you are considering so far. If you dont have any ideas yet, then you need to research on your own first. Automotive taste is widely subjective and its unrealistic to expect people who dont know you to give you suggestions.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Like said above, taste is subjective. We can't tell you how to mod YOUR car. Look through build threads and the member's rides section to find stuff you like, then have at it.

If it were me, I would ditch the wheels, put some coilovers on and lower it, and tint the windows to start. Definitely no on the red wheels.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i mean, i like the wheels actually, heres my 2 cents

keeps the wheels
nice coilovers,
nice exhaust,
fog lights,
nice lip
grill
remove gold emblems and find silver ones
profit?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
also repaint your window trims, that will make it look cleaner.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
To expand on the taste thing... what are you interested in? Just looks? If so, that's 100% you. The sky is the limit. Just about everything can be modded and you'll need to coordinate the mods with your specific tastes.

Handling? You'll start looking into suspension mods / tires

Speed? Depends on how much you want to spend / what your goals are

This would be a good start, though. Let us know which of these you're into, and the sort of money you're looking to spend, and we can be of more assistance.

bobby2552

Respected
View attachment 25119 View attachment 25120

Any mod ideas? Exterior wise,red rims would be fine you think? Thanks for the inputs.
Got some 16 drag wheels. Everything else pretty much stock. Ive seen other drastic mods i just dont know where to start.
Looks identical to my ride!! Green 6th gen!! I created a thread on all of the mods I've done to mine. Most are just putting LEDs in places that don't need them, but check it out anyway. CLICK ON ME.

looks like a 98? correct me if iam wrong there is alot of easy beginner stuff you can do man light's,interior trim,stereo and also tons of preventive maintenance thats always good to do when you reach a certain km on the car

i mean, i like the wheels actually, heres my 2 cents

keeps the wheels
nice coilovers,
nice exhaust,
fog lights,
nice lip
grill
remove gold emblems and find silver ones
profit?

lol......those gold ones are impossible to find in canada

Last edited by a moderator:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks like a 98? correct me if iam wrong there is alot of easy beginner stuff you can do man light's,interior trim,stereo and also tons of preventive maintenance thats always good to do when you reach a certain km on the car
Wrong, try 99-00.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yep a ton and to name a few, headlights,front bumper,fender,hood,trunk, tail lights....

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All the needless posts have been deleted. @Bradley Robert, once again please change your tone and show respect voicing any opinion in a constructive manner. Stop making assumptions about our members' knowledge, using no facts to insinuate they dont know information, as you have no basis to do so especially being a new member.

@bobby2552 , and others, this thread hadnt been replied to in a year. Pay attention to the years in the dates. Even I didn't notice, so it happens to us all. I doubt the OP will respond again.

Last edited:

Steven Johnson

Respected
It all starts with a vision. We can't mod the car for you, only give you pointers on whether or not what you WANT for YOUR car is good.

I'd suggest starting with the basics.
  • Intake
  • Exhaust
  • Header
  • Lower (coils or springs - budget oriented)
Those are just basics. Welcome to the modding world. =)