New to site, got a civic and wants some feed back

rtrochez

Ok, to start off i got this car in Ga from my father at first i didnt even want it but it grew on me and now i love it its my baby so i want peoples opinions if im going down the right track with it

got my car stock

and when i got it the first thing i did was dropped it with tein springs and tokico springs

with in two weeks im going to add a mugen front lip and type r rear but first i want to paint it white just to match the car (local civics around me told me to just give it a black gloss but i rather not}
than im adding black housing and fog lights
than change from auto :oops: to manual:D
and im debating on changing my exhaust/muffler cause im thinking about upgrading my engine to a b series and i want my car to be silent so no one would think it has power
and suggestions??

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
first off,
welcome! hope you enjoy your stay here =)

second, this has alot of potential! hope you steer in the
right path..sounds like you know what youre doing
and also, you put 2 different springs on it? just wanting clarification on that..

onto business,
since its stuck as an auto as of now,
id recommend getting a b-swap together with trans and everything needed
that way youre ready to go :thumbs up with this, you'll get your power goal (im sure you dont want a stock d series
with an auto transmission lol) and it'll be a better base for mods. gl bro!

rtrochez

my bad i meant tokico springs
and yea i was planning on getting everything together for the swap
but i have the chance to buy a fully built d series but i figured if i just get a b series it would be more or less the same thing.
what do you think would be a good thing to do?

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Welcome to CC man. Looks clean.

I agree with Ed. I wouldn't black the housing though, doesn't look good to me with a white Civic. but its your car so do what you want.

Edit: Go B.

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well depends what "fully built" means on the d motor?
what exactly has been done to it?

imo id stick to my d series

rtrochez

to be honest i dont remember exactly what were the mods and when i was supposed to check it out something came up and it never happened
but the back story for the reason its for sell was that he crashed th eg he was gonna it in and it was taking up room
my cousin (he a mechanic) told me it was worth it for the price $500 but he also agreed with me to go with a b swap

emerican

Registered VIP
welcome to the site
I would stick with the d series depending on your power goal and what all has been done to it. Built means alot of things to alot of people.

rtrochez

yea so im going stick with the d series and just keep it up with sea glow

and i was thinking about lowering more but the streets a round here makes it not worth it

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First, welcome!
Wait, so are you on full Tein springs, or full Tokico??

Please don't do the Panda look..it's so played out and half the time not done correctly. Instead of doing black housing, so a gunmetal or pewter. It will flow w/ the transition from the housing to white body better. Black housing IMO should only be on black cars.

As far as exhaust wise...if you keep a dseries in it, throw on an integra exhaust. It'll open it just a bit more but no raspy fart can noise/nasty look. I have a gsr full exhaust on mine and I love it. Don't get messed w/ either.

rtrochez

i have a tien springs with tokico shocks

and i never thought about using those housing, i think i might go with the gun metal ones
and around how much did the exhaust cost around??

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
First, welcome!
Wait, so are you on full Tein springs, or full Tokico??

Please don't do the Panda look..it's so played out and half the time not done correctly. Instead of doing black housing, so a gunmetal or pewter. It will flow w/ the transition from the housing to white body better. Black housing IMO should only be on black cars.

As far as exhaust wise...if you keep a dseries in it, throw on an integra exhaust. It'll open it just a bit more but no raspy fart can noise/nasty look. I have a gsr full exhaust on mine and I love it. Don't get messed w/ either.
:word: Car looks pretty good, a lip kit like you said would set it off.. then try maybe a black hood too.. My friend had one on his old coupe and it looked pretty good. and maybe paint your rims too?

rtrochez

yea i cant wait to install my lip i just want to paint it

and the rims i want to replace i feel like there to small i want 15s and those are 13s and they are way to heavy

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a tien springs with tokico shocks

and i never thought about using those housing, i think i might go with the gun metal ones
and around how much did the exhaust cost around??
I did gunmetal for my VSM. The exhaust was free. A buddy got an aftermarket for his teg and gave me his system. You can snag an entire system for like $150...I've never seen them higher than that, but I dunno how pricing is in your area. Seems like the midwest is cheaper than other areas.

Gunner

Registered VIP
Welcome looks good so far. sounds like you know what you want so i would do what you want and post some pics when you get it done. Gunmetal looks good IMO also..i dont like to do what everyone else does but dont want to be so different it stands out either...

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah looks good, def paint the lip or you can go with a black and white theme, those look pretty cool. Oh and yeah some 15's or maybe even 16" rims would look a lot nicer

mark_jdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd stick with the OEM headlights - no black housing. That's kinda played out IMO. Or perhaps CTR headlights. Paint the grill in the air dam - that area in the bumper. Should be black. Nice start with the drop, good quality parts too. GL with the build!