new to site, not to honda

khmernese

Hey guys, my name is Lee. I am new to this site and had yet to create a intro thread. later a build thread when i get some more revenue.
Basically telling my life(vehicle) story here, so its going to be long.

My first car was a 96 honda civic coupe. silver. got it in the middle of my senior year in high school. i never knew about forums or anything so i never really took pictures from start to finish, but i do have pictures of major events. i put jl system in it, in dash dvd 8" screen, wheels, skunk knob, injen intake system, front end conversion and other things i cant remember. this was about 4 years ago

after about 6-8 months later it was stolen when i was in school. came out to my car for my lunch break, couldnt find my car! i remember walking and remembering that i did not park this far. after walking back in forth many times i finally went to security. cams showed people gettting into it at 10:36 am. camera quality was so poor they couldnt make out the license plate of the criminal's car. atleast 2000 dollars worth gone. founded ~12:45 when police reported the vehicle to my school (parking decal indicated where it was from).
i have videos of when i first found it at the impound, i dont know how to post video. will do another day

took about two days to get it running. the towing company bent my complete front end towing it. bought a pair of hx and random wheels from salvage yards.

another year later i was speeding home on the highway, punching on the gas. it threw a light and car bogged down. drove normal for the rest of the way home. figured it was nothing and reseted the code without pulling it. :smackself. the next day all hell broke loose. a friend following behind me said he saw a ton of spark coming from under the vehicle.
i never new what the problem was. i suspected the clutch since it was replaced by a shop who was a d**k to me. took it home and found all the flywheel bolts except one. i didnt know much about cars at the time. at this point i was motivated to learn. i replaced the flywheel since it had cracks in it and all. put everything back together, started it and ran like crap. grinding noise and such. i applied the gas to hear where it was coming from and it suddenly just seized. quite scary.

few months later i purchased a d16z6 swap. loved it. drove it daily for about a year then hit and run on quarter pane while i was parked at work!
Repaired it myself. mostly my girlfriend did it... she did it better than i did. and she knew nothing about cars!
i decided to repaint it and primer-ed it. i never got to painting it. about 6 months later it was broken into, without any damage but they took everything inside besides my two radio left in the open. weird. my new jordans i wore once and my clothes for work including the apron that had the restaurant name on it. bunch of changes. and left a mess. they also kicked my foglights. i dont know why. cracked one side.

few years later i got into b20 motors. i purchased a b20b from an importer with ~24k actual miles. i found out i had bought many wrong parts from people who claim it was "right". end up not. so it took atleast 4 months to actually gathered all the correct parts. some ordered.

but during those 4 months i sold the z6 purchased white 97 hatch with a d16y8, and got it custom fabricated for a farmont glass roof. didn't feel right not having a sunroof.

here is how it sits today

i bought it with mixed colors. hood was green, trunk was silver, roof was black, and the rest was white. it seem originally it was black judging the white overspray in the black engine bay :p
worked out all the dents and got it looking good. and painted the hood black and trunk black. may end up painting it all white later.

and atlas the b20 was in the coupe! b16 transmission 8lb fly, exedy organic stg 1 clutch, high flo fuel filter+liquid gauge. and other things i forget..no pictures of progress. sorry :(

5 months later this happened.

hit and run 2am. sold it in less than 2 weeks, sad to see it go :(

after i sold that i picked up this 98 civic hatchback, already with a b16a2 in it. again no progression pictures on it.

alot of parts i already had in a trade and threw it on there. the cf stuff and suspension and wheels.
planning on doing a domani front end on it while maintaining the 99-00 civic bumper.
and order a new b20b to throw in it. plan on going all motor. torquey torquey <3

its been 5 months since last messing with the gunmetal hatch. at a standstill since college was kicking my arse. and only working 15 hrs a week.
but now that the semester is over, nothing but work work work to fund my cars :P well just one car. since the white hatch is up for sale if anyone is interested :D

i guess thats it, im sure no one will read this all. haaha unless theyre bored. let me know what you guys think.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn that ek is clean

khmernese

thanks guys, i just realize that there is another thread with exactly the same title... lol im sure mine is newer.

emerican

Registered VIP
car is clean man all of them seem to be really nice, but you seem to have had some bad luck with them over the years.