New to the club. Headlights question

Elo209

Just bought a 2013 Honda Civic EX. I want to change my head lights. I want the bright white lights with the yellow fog lights. I looked them up online and it was a little confusing. Some sites had HID kits and some just had the bulbs. Can you use either one? Do you need one for the other? Are they hard to switch out? Any feedback would help. Thanks

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You can get hyper white bulbs and you won't have to worry about an HID kit. An HID kit is much more involved. If you're not specifically looking for HIDs, I wouldn't recommend buying them. Get some hyper whites and be done.

Sorry this question took so long to answer. You'll usually get better responses if you post your questions in the tech section. This section is really more for just saying hi and introducing yourself. I'll go ahead and move this thread for you. Hope my response helps!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you're looking for the blinding bright white ones, those would be HID's without projector lamps lol. An HID kit would require hooking up a ballast. Most are plug and play and just use your factory headlight harness to draw power.

I would recommend getting projector headlights or retrofitting your OE headlights if you end up getting HID's. Without doing so the light scatters pretty badly and you end up blinding people. W/ projectors you'll see a nice cut-off of light.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I specifically wrote this thread: http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=208090 to help anyone that has questions regarding HID's.

If you want bright bulbs, I recommend looking on powerbulbs. Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram Night Breakers are some of the brightest bulbs you can get as far as I know.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I use sylvania silverstar bulbs, and everyone asks if I have HIDs

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I use sylvania silverstar bulbs, and everyone asks if I have HIDs
I used to have those, but I had an issue with them blowing out. I went through 5 of them in a year. :shock:

... They were very bright though.