New to the forum. Looking to buy 6th gen 99-00 civic.

PhillyM3

I always try to do research on a car before purchasing. Although Hondas are reliable there's always the common issues with every model. Other than the issues listed what else should I look for that is troublesome on these civics.

6th Gen 1999-2000
-EVAP canister and valve
-engine harness makes speedometer faulty
-o2 sensor

fredn

Sex and Cars.
"Problems... rust, electrical s**t not working, motor making "interesting" noises, stuff done by people with no experience, work done my sketchy shops, fluids, miles, how many owners and who they were - I wouldn't buy from a kid my age, how it's been driven (goes with drivers), where it's been (stored and driven), i don't know; just obvious stuff. Write down the VIN when you go see it and do a free VIN check or buy the car fax (like $50) before buying the car. You can do the same with the motor and trans. Ask about accidents and stuff too if you buying it all stock. If you are looking for something that someone else has put the time and money into the good luck with that. "

Use the search option before posting your question so we can keep the forum cleaner. I quoted this almost entirely from another one of my posts... besides... you're in the wrong section. Just a heads up. Don't go posting again... they'll move you. Best of luck with your search. You may also be able to get a good deal on a 96-98 (also a 6th gen) civic and you could just do a front end swap to a 99-00 swap if you really want. Ya, it won't be a 99-00 but it'll look the sames.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have a 99 and it has never had a speedo problem, evap canister and valve problem, or o2 sensor problems. I've only ever been through 1 o2 sensor and that was because I ran seafoam through my car and killed the sensor.

Power window problems are a common problem. Whether it's a bad track, bad regulator, or bad motor, it seems like most 6th gen owners experience this problem.

I have a P0505 code right now I can't figure out. My friend is supposed to work on my car so I'll try to have him look at it.

Other than what's mentioned above and typical maintenance, I have never had a problem with my car. Almost 216,000 and still runs like a champ. Just need the 2nd major service and a new wheel bearing.

PhillyM3

I've sold and bought 5-6 cars in the past 3 years so I know what to look for in how to buy a car. I was simply asking what the common problems were with the 6th gen. thanks for the input. most likely won't be buying off this forum since majority are modified. plan to keep it bone stock for a daily driver and mpg.