ERJ honda 815

rice is to eat not drive
5+ Year Member
whats up new im to the honda scene.

what kinda work is needed to make a 13s capable sedan on a D powerd set up

love them 4 doors

samantha-zc

5+ Year Member
First you need to ditch the D series engine! I personally would do the H22A swap if you can get it to fit! Or try a b18c swap.
But definitly a more powerful motor!

coricivic

EF-Jordan
5+ Year Member
people run 20 psi on a stock z6. boost is def your best bet. d's kick ass cause their so cheap.

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Plus their torque line does pretty well with boost.

shoemaker617

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats up new im to the honda scene.

what kinda work is needed to make a 13s capable sedan on a D powerd set up

love them 4 doors
You can make a D-series motor go 13s. But............after all the money is spent and its all said and done. Yur just gonna get spank by the car with the bigger motor. Basically start looking into motor swaps, dont waste your money on something your not gonna be happy with in the long run.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You should be looking into a B18C1 swap or K20a2 swap. Only motors I'd put time & money into.

The K's a bit more money, but you'll be running low 14's if not mid/high 13's right out of the box.

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd say swap in a dohc as well because in the end it'll be worth it.

ERJ honda 815

rice is to eat not drive
5+ Year Member
what up yall i was gone for a while on the parts hunts haha.. i would swap but more cams = more problems for me lol. im ganna stick with a D i just pikd up a d15 block an A6 crank and cam going to order some h-beam rods and run 9-1 pistons dont kno what brand yet then go turbo i hope to make around 250 -300 hp with that set up

ERJ honda 815

rice is to eat not drive
5+ Year Member
i just got all these parts from a friends yard i just went out and started taking s**t i thought i need for a budget build lol ill go back and get a 1.6 block. any type of 1.6 d block or is there a specific one i should try and find?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Boost the D. That'd be a good way to go.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
use suzuki vitara pistons, they have the same bore as d series and are low comp (like 8.8:1 or someting like that i think?), and really cheap too!!

ERJ honda 815

rice is to eat not drive
5+ Year Member
by any chance could i run a lil bit of nitrous with a turbo set up ??? i was talkig to my dad he use to run nitrous with the supercharger on his vega he said it was like an intercooler type effect would that be the same with a turbo ?