new to the honda scene

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea but you have to be built enough to withstand both turbo + nitrous, and on top of that, a really good tune.

ERJ honda 815

rice is to eat not drive
5+ Year Member
what would i have to use parts wise to build an N/A and lots of nitrous ? i see alot of turbo cars and i wanna be diffrent.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anything n/a is going to cost lots of money so be prepared for that. i saw a vid a little while ago on here of a stock b16 with i/h/e in a crx on a 75 shot run 12.8, thats not bad at all.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well imo, if your building N/A + lots of nitrous.. that sounds like a ticking time bomb to me. i wouldnt want too high of a compression and too low of a compression, maybe have it in between 9.7 - 9.9. thats all i have, i havent really looked much into nitrous so i wont be of help no longer here. OC is spraying, you should pm him for some ideas and advice.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
use suzuki vitara pistons, they have the same bore as d series and are low comp (like 8.8:1 or someting like that i think?), and really cheap too!!
try 7.9:1

initial measurements were off. check the thread on turbod16, much lower than most people think

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I shoot till I stunt

ERJ honda 815

rice is to eat not drive
5+ Year Member
well it happend blew the b2 up haha didnt put the rod threw the block but its knokin pretty damn bad ... i lookn a sohc zc off of JDM online for like 450$ with shippn like 800 $ kinda in a jam now .. :x could i boost a sohc zc or would it be a wast of time a and money /

ryanM

IMO, yes, D series are a waste of time.

its like turbocharging a 1.8 DSM....why not just go DOHC?

thats just my opinions though, i have a personal vendetta against having one cam...

ERJ honda 815

rice is to eat not drive
5+ Year Member
only got 1000$ to play with i was thinkin dohc but i dont think my budget can do that haha it be sweet to see a h22 in and spray it soooner along the road...but i heard h22 wont fit true or ?

oneThree

dcshoeco
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nitrous will kill your engine. quickly.

your only choice is a cheap boost with home tune.

save more money for a swap.

ryanM

nitrous will kill your engine. quickly.

your only choice is a cheap boost with home tune.

save more money for a swap.
yay, i love it when people post complete nonsense

nitrous isnt going to "kill your engine" any faster than turbocharging it...

please, dont think you KNOW because you saw paul walker blow up an eclipse from too much nawz...

oneThree

dcshoeco
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol! yes yes. and the floor board ripped out. i just know from blowing up motors. but whatever you say is right.

motoracer102

5+ Year Member
only got 1000$ to play with i was thinkin dohc but i dont think my budget can do that haha it be sweet to see a h22 in and spray it soooner along the road...but i heard h22 wont fit true or ?
im not sure where you heard that but an h22 WILL fit into a civic. it'll be a little tight compared to a b-series but it will work.

ryanM

im not sure where you heard that but an h22 WILL fit into a civic. it'll be a little tight compared to a b-series but it will work.
theres no fitment issues at all...if you buy the right parts, its a bolt in affair....just like a B series...

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just boost the d. cheap and effective. you can safely run 190whp with no problems to worry about longevity wise (as long as your tune is good). before someone comes in and says they saw jim jackson run 230whp on a stock d series, yes its possible but it wont last long at that.

d series make great torque too. heres an awesome example (stock motor):

look at that, its actually making MORE torque than horsepower, amazing for a honda i say.

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love my turbo d i dont think i will ever go dual cam