New to the scene

CivicForLife

Yooo my names Kris and im new to the civic scene. Got my learners permit in august of 2010 so I still have another 5 or so months till i get my licence (i know it blows) but i already picked up my first civic. I got a 5 speed 98 civic dx coupe almost all stock except for some custom headers (when I get picks up maybe you guys could tell me about them) some coilovers (i don't know what kind so maybe you could tell me where to look for the company name) and it has some no name 17" white rims as far as im concerned. I've had a habit of getting into a hobby and then quickly getting out but i don't want to do that with the civic so i'd like to learn as much as I can so I can stay with it. i'll get picks up tommorow because it is sitting under a car cover and it just rained. Ill take any advice and criticism you have to offer haha.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just learn about the automobile in general. oh yea, the civic too.

CDubs

Registered VIP
good find....rims actually look good i would like them better if they were 16s or 15s though good luck with her

emerican

Registered VIP
Looks pretty good man.
Dont know the make of the rims not just off the pics.
You only have one header as it is a 4 banger.
What do you mean by custom header exactly?

CivicForLife

Looks pretty good man.
Dont know the make of the rims not just off the pics.
You only have one header as it is a 4 banger.
What do you mean by custom header exactly?
lol i really don't know about the custom headers but that is what the guy said in the craigslist ad. He said everythings stock except for custom headers.

CivicForLife

I am possibly going to order a cold air intake tommorow. What kind should I get? and also could I put a short ram intake in instead? What is the difference?

CivicForLife

Thanks for all the help guys lol i truly appreciate all of the input you guys have shared (This is sarcastic lol):word:

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
well first off just get a short ram. You wont have to worry about bogging when you suck water in. The rims honestly no clue but if they say tenzo r then most likely thats what they are. The difference between CAI and SRI is nothing neither giver you much HP.

solox_ekhatch

Looks good. Nice first car. Definitely a good thing to learn automotive in general. I'm kinda diggin the rims tho. Enjoy it

emerican

Registered VIP
Just get a ebay sri kit and an aem filter for it dont use the one that came with the ebay kit they are garbage.

Garrywang

Welcome to the site im also new to the civic scene, just not to the car scene. I have a 92 EG hatch which as well is a DX my friend had a 98 DX hatch and i bought his AEM V2 intake off of him. There is a fitment issue, you will most likley have to move your radiator overflow ( thats the little take next to the radiator at the front of the car) this is where radiator fluid that flows over the max amount is dumped. To fit the V2 i had to take that off and stuff the intake lower, with that SAI it seems like its about the same length, so this might be something you will run into. Take your time with the build the more time u take the more things you will learn the correct way. I found that people on this site are very helpful just search and search the forums for your answer first. Have funn and make the best of it bro.

Garrywang

On the case of the CAI and the SAI not adding power, i noticed an increase in power on my D15 when i put the CAI in. and the sound is to d\ie for.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ we didnt say it dosent add any power it just adds very little. A whole i/h/e on a d series is going to net you like 10hp.

CivicForLife

Welcome to the site im also new to the civic scene, just not to the car scene. I have a 92 EG hatch which as well is a DX my friend had a 98 DX hatch and i bought his AEM V2 intake off of him. There is a fitment issue, you will most likley have to move your radiator overflow ( thats the little take next to the radiator at the front of the car) this is where radiator fluid that flows over the max amount is dumped. To fit the V2 i had to take that off and stuff the intake lower, with that SAI it seems like its about the same length, so this might be something you will run into. Take your time with the build the more time u take the more things you will learn the correct way. I found that people on this site are very helpful just search and search the forums for your answer first. Have funn and make the best of it bro.
The intake you are talking about is a way different shape then the one im talking about so i don't know if all of that would apply to me. but i will look into it and get back to you guys.